Call Center Jedi Padawan Flow

Chris writes a lot of business during AEP because he has a significant lead flow. All of us who have been pursuing Medicare prospects see a significant up tick in leads during this time.

Some have bigger funnels than others.

AFAIK, FL is not a GI or birthday rule, anniversary rule, etc state. A lot of folks that call during AEP think they can change their Medigap plan, or drop MA and go to Medigap, just because it is AEP.

If they are healthy they can, if not they keep the existing Medigap or possibly switch to a different MA.

If they have an MA plan with $0 premium they may balk at paying $150/mo for Medigap. If so, they are not a prospect.

Or they have health issues. You need to flush that out quickly so you don't waste your time.

AEP is time to go for low hanging fruit. Don't spin your wheels looking for a carrier that will take someone who is on insulin and 3 cholesterol med's. You won't have time to do much more than sort through your lead barrel and see who is viable, who isn't.

And you also should take time to evaluate their Rx, even if you don't sell it. Rx reports can take a lot of time to run and explain (20 - 30 minutes if you do it right). Or 5 minutes if you just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

You also have tire kickers who just want to see what is available.

As I recall, South FL is heavy MA. Dominant Medigap carrier is UHC although FL Blue may have hot areas as well.

But FL Blue doesn't broker.

So you really have probably one carrier. I could be off base since I don't write in FL but I have read enough comments by those who do write that business that I don't think I have missed it by much.

And UHC pays a lower commission (in most states) than other Medigap carriers.

Just a wag but you probably need 10 viable prospects to make 2 sales. So 10 sales a day = 20 leads. Maybe more.

And in the end you are offering the same plan (UHC) they can get direct or through another agent.

Put all this in your Yahtzee cup, shake it and see what happens.

10 sales a day would take more like 50 leads, using your equation. In reality it would take 100.

Thank you everyone that contributed.

You helped us dodge a bullet. Will take my time and build a foundation.

Thank you once again for the tough love.

There's no way you can hit those numbers for med supps if you are in Florida alone. The MA penetration is way to high and seniors in Florida are condition to shop their MA plan every AEP. I have a small call center type agency that focuses on AEP every year and we mainly do MA in Florida, we generate our own leads via pay per click and organic. Its all about leads and the right product, and when I say leads I mean good leads that you control how and where they come from. Also, it will take you a few AEP's to learn how to do things via trial and error. You can expect a ton of activity, but I would bet you its a ton of interest in MA plans, not so much supps. To hit those numbers you need to be in other states and generating your own leads if you want supps and not MA plans. Ive learned this business is all about one thing, LEADS. And once you learn how to generate them on your own, the sky is the limit, especially if your doing things over the phone/online.

Back