Call Center Jedi Padawan Flow

tom3

Expert
Hi everyone!

Happy Friday, hope you all had a blessed week.

A colleague and I want to open up an office this AEP season.

This will be our first time doing AEP (we have both done Obamacare and STMs in previous years).

We will be hiring 6 licensed agents (we will also be on the phone...so 8 agents total) and pay them approximately $100 a deal.

We even figured out we can pay them $10 an hour and then about $35 a deal and then that would double our profit.

We are paying for leads AND as soon as AEP is over we will teach them how to run their own stay at home operation and eventually start their own call center.

Between buying used Dell desktops (about $1000 refurbished on Craisglist)
paying for an office for 2-3 months ($3,000)
$100 a month unlimited Vonage....
we dont expect our start up costs to be that much.
We would have to pay the agents out of pocket for the first 2 weeks, until the first payout (WE ARE DOING MED SUPPS with possible dental/vision/final expense add ons....no med advantage...so we will have quick payouts and be able to pay our agents).

Our FMO allows us to pay for leads on backend, we will also be hire a fronter and also Virtual Workers from the Phillipines. We are also working on the website etc

Now heres the concern: my partner wants to double double double make sure AEP is really what it is cracked up to be. Our goal to have each agent close 4 deals a day.
4*8 agents=32 deals a day.
32*5 days=160 deals a week.

160X 8 weeks=
1,280 deals* $300 commission a deal = around $380,000

We have seen others use the same model with STM, HII, Multiplan and become very successful during Obamacare open enrollment. Is AEP any different?

Is this doable? Is there anything wrong with this plan?
It is possible to close 4 deals a day per agent? Is there really that huge of a volume of people switching plans during AEP?

Please be honest and frank.

Tips, advice, your own experience, recommendations etc.

The good and the bad please!

Yes yes, Med Supps can be sold all year.

STMs/Multiplan/and technically Obamacare via SEP can be sold all year as well but they sell big time during ACA open enrollment.

But from what I hear and also read on this forum, it seems more business comes during that time?

Yes yes, Med Supps can be sold all year.

STMs/Multiplan/and technically Obamacare via SEP can be sold all year as well but they sell big time during ACA open enrollment.

But from what I hear and also read on this forum, it seems more business comes during that time?

The big difference when you're trying to compare AEP with ACA open enrollment is that AEP is for Part C and Part D only, not Med Supps.

o snap. good point.

I've seen a lot of Chris Westfalls videos where he has amazing AEP results. 10 apps is one day etc etc

I thought because of all the confusion or something, people switch policies.

My FMO says the same thing....a lot of med supp polices get sold during AEP

Not that it makes a huge difference, but Vonage (and any other "unlimited") has a fair usage policy. Getting the right solution shouldn't be much more expensive, but nothing good about having your phones cut off when you plan on being on them heavily.

Your whole deal is about volume so how exactly are you planning on keeping that type of a lead flow going? I presume you're planning on using telemarketers? Why not just work with someone like LeadHeroes.com and let them take the guess work out of dealing with filipinos (it is a lot of work).

Beyond that, I'd definitely try it for at least a month before AEP to make sure you've got things figured out a bit more in practice before trial by fire.

Thank you for your help again Josh.

Lead Heroes just creates appointments right?

You have lists?

We are looking for a transfer type of volume. Our FMO uses avatar leads. Though not the best solution, it works and we get deals off it currently.

We, also want to do Press 1 Campaigns and possibly voicemail whispers (it skips the calling and leaves a voicemail without dialing)

I did Press 1 Campaigns last year with ACA and did well just because there was so much buzz at the time. Open Enrollment this, Open Enrollment that!

I'm hoping (and guessing?) that AEP is like that as well.

Shooting fish in a bucket?

----------

and yes you are right, do it a month beforehand, instead of trial by fire. my colleague recommended the same thing.

Press 1 campaigns are illegal.

Let me be clear again, press 1 campaigns are illegal.

LeadHeroes creates leads and can do transfers; they use live telemarketers vs avatar technology.

If you're getting deals off of it and are getting leads legally, nothing wrong with that solution.

ok got it

the press 1 campaigns, the people all opted in to receive information on onbamacare specifically (the lead vendor said so, and i had him say it in writing as well)

i think my fmo is using leadheroes or lead something but the avatar side. i hopefully can convince them to switch to live transfers. he assured me they will do everything possible to get their hands on every lead possible during AEP

ok got it

the press 1 campaigns, the people all opted in to receive information on onbamacare specifically (the lead vendor said so, and i had him say it in writing as well)

Doesn't matter, they have to specifically opt in to get ROBO called, not just permission to contact. You also need a copy of the form they filled out along with a time and date stamp.

Back