Call for comments on Lead sources

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
I have scanned the forum on comments regarding leads, and have decided to go for response cards. Is there anyone here that can offer some sources for Medigap responders?

In the absence of response cards, hows about just a lead list for Medigap prospects?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you do not wish to publish this info on the board, please PM me.

I just used lead concepts and the return wasnt all that great. I called them to ask them if it was a normal response and the guy said if I dont get many more then he would do another order for free. I thought that was very nice of them. I didnt even gripe or ask for anything, I just wanted to know when I was suppose to get the bulk of them.

Most of the cards are the same. I would ask your Marketing organization if they know if any that will give you a discount.

As has been said by John Petrowski, the agent who doesn't have leads won't last long in this business.

I am surprised at the lack of response to my petition. Perhaps members think I should somehow know this info without any help, or just don't want to help.

My thanks to wilkin. I knew about leadconcepts but was a little skeptical since they are under indictment in TX. However, after thinking about it, the suit filed against them states the omissions that brought them the trouble, so that a simple correction can resolve their issue. This could be a good thing. And westernresource was a good link. Thanks!

You, too, senior-advisor! Feedback about leadconcepts was what I wanted. Got to thinking about marketing organizations (which I don't belong to) and began examining their offers. Came up with about a dozen lead sources.

This is good. Even though no one specified lead sources, the challenge to where to go for information was a no-brainer. Since I am a no-brainer, it helped!

After I check out these lead sources I will come back and give those who are interested my results.

Thanks, Mary, but I am one step ahead of you. Using the idea posted by senior above, I began a search of all senior marketing organizations and clicked on their links to lead sources and began taking notes. I now have the info I need.

Hey Retread

MMA letting you down?? I thought they'd be supplying your leads.

Senior Market Sales has leads you can buy, but there is no volume at all. I've been signed up for months & gotten only 2 online leads from them. I did a direct mail program through them & got about a 3% return, but still as crap shoot.

Just buy a list & make phone calls. No one so far has come through in the lead dept. Mary says MSIS supplies her with tons of leads, but I'll tell you - maybe in Wyoming, but not in our area. In the KC area, the tell me they get few leads & have too many reps, so don't count on that relationship.

You're on your own bud!

:nah:

Just buy a list & make phone calls. No one so far has come through in the lead dept. Mary says MSIS supplies her with tons of leads, but I'll tell you - maybe in Wyoming, but not in our area. In the KC area, the tell me they get few leads & have too many reps, so don't count on that relationship.

You're on your own bud!

:nah:

Caylou knows of what she speaks. Bottom line is, "You're on your own..."

In all the years I have been selling Med Supps the only really good lead source was when the company I was captive with was running TV commercials with an 800 number for people to call.

Those really were excellent leads and the people really did remember making the call. Other than those, the rest of the "leads" I have gotten are nothing more than a name, address, phone number and a date of birth.

When I was captive they sold agents "hot" direct mail leads for $25 each. When I found out that they were just names and no one remembered sending the card it I told them that I didn't want any.

I also discovered that I could get old "cold" leads for free. Ones agents didn't take or had returned because they "weren't any good". Most months I lead the office in sales from those "old, cold, weren't any good" leads.

If you can get any of the "old, cold, aren't any good" leads from a lead company for less money take all you can get. It might have been that the agent who had the leads before you was an "old, cold, not any good" agent.

Back