Call Recording Software/App Recommendations

Hello Everyone,
I am a 11 year P&C agent that has transitioned to MAPD and MedSupp insurance.CMS has got me spooked, haha. I heard there are a lot more regulations in the Medicare arena and man were they right. Anyways I want to keep things on the up and up and was looking for a call recording service or app that someone can recommend?

It would be great to have the option of having the service on my cellphone for both inbound and outbound calls. I figured this would help with PTC issues and any complaints to CMS.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I use TapeACall Pro on my iPhone.

RingCentral is the toll-free service I use that lets you record any call on demand by simply dialing *9 during the call.

Hello Everyone,
I am a 11 year P&C agent that has transitioned to MAPD and MedSupp insurance.CMS has got me spooked, haha. I heard there are a lot more regulations in the Medicare arena and man were they right. Anyways I want to keep things on the up and up and was looking for a call recording service or app that someone can recommend?

It would be great to have the option of having the service on my cellphone for both inbound and outbound calls. I figured this would help with PTC issues and any complaints to CMS.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ignoring the consent requirements for the moment, I would submit that you consider the advantage of not having any recording. In theory you could be signing your own warrant by having evidence that could damn you vs a he said she said. Food for thought.

Ignoring the consent requirements for the moment, I would submit that you consider the advantage of not having any recording. In theory you could be signing your own warrant by having evidence that could damn you vs a he said she said. Food for thought.

Or you could just always tell the truth and do what is best for the client... Food for thought.

I use TapeACall Pro on my iPhone.

RingCentral is the toll-free service I use that lets you record any call on demand by simply dialing *9 during the call.

Thanks! I went with TapeACall on my Iphone.

----------

I didn't consider that, thanks. I have found in the P&C world that the companies tends to take the clients side on he said/ she said situations ( maybe it's just the ones I've dealt with :skeptical:). I do have to be careful with what I say as the recording could be used against me,but I actually kind of like that.

I didn't consider that, thanks. I have found in the P&C world that the companies tends to take the clients side on he said/ she said situations ( maybe it's just the ones I've dealt with :skeptical:). I do have to be careful with what I say as the recording could be used against me,but I actually kind of like that.

A part of the very real challenge with that too is that CMS has regularly changed their perspectives on things and so it's possible something you told someone two years ago was accurate at the time, but when you're being investigated the rules have changed and it makes it more complicated for them to be reasonable. Also, if you record some of your calls and not all of them, what will you say when they ask for a recording you don't have? If you don't have it, then clearly you're hiding something. The real shame is it sounds like you're really wanting to do this as above board as possible, but CMS believes you're guilty until proven innocent.

I would second what Josh is saying.

Also, if the company is siding against you, are your notes detailed and time stamped? Is your paperwork in order?

My experience is agents tend to get the benefit of the doubt from their companies when the claim is outlandish or otherwise completely refuted by the agent's notes and documentation. Now, if there is a history of complaints or the paperwork is missing, incomplete, etc. then that is a different story.

So, I would simply focus on documenting each call in as much detail as you can, preferably in a time-stamped CRM.

Back