Caller ID ? Regarding Med Supp Cold Calling

I use the skype app on my phone with a local number when calling leads (my cell number is from a different city/area code) because I'm not making a ton of calls. I also have one of those cheap prepaid phones from straight talk with a local number that I use to make calls, it's easier to use if I need to make a lot of dials because it's a smart phone and it's just an easier phone.

I suppose if you could not get a local number through google or using one of the other methods already mentioned, you could buy a cheap prepaid phone with a number attached to it and port the number over to your other device...

looks like they charge by the minute too. (vitelity.com)

What I did is buy Skype numbers for each area code I'm calling in. You can forward all the numbers to your office or cell phone.

They do charge a very small amount billed in six second increments.

Interesting thread.

I just sat through a demo with insidesales.com for their platform.

I was seriously impressed. I did not buy it (yet?) because I don't want the hassle of switching systems and, it costs a lot more than my current system.

Anyway, one thing they do is "local presence" which I thought was cool. When you call a 614 area code, your Caller ID shows up 614. When someone calls back that number, it routes to you. Calling 313? No problem. You're number will show up local. The key is, you don't have to manually switch or think about it. It's all automatic.

Very, very neat. They give you a ton of "local presence" numbers as part of the package.

When leaving a VM, I asked, how do you know what your CID said? It shows up on the screen...so you always know your outbound number.

Anyway, it got me looking in to alternative options without the cost. I'm looking into twilio and I appreciate the link for the vitelity. Do you guys know anything about twilio?

I use Zoho for my crm, and I know twilio can intergrate with them, but I'm not sure how to get Zoho to "change" my outbound number based on my outbound call...

All that to say: I think this CRM solves the local presence issue. Worth their price? I don't think so...

I am using a telemarketer to generate Med Supp leads, with an autodialer. What would you use for the caller ID #? A skype #? an 800#? I know from doing these in the past that you get a flood of call backs from people getting home and calling back the number on their caller ID.

I am using Chris Westfalls site and find it quite helpful. Just couldn't find any specifics on this topic.

Use a number with an area code in or close to your location.Toll free numbers shout out SALESPERSON!!!!!! Use you cell phone number, I use mine all of the time and there are no issues with doing that regardless of what is said. People are way more likely to dial a local area code verses a toll free niumber. GUARANTEED or you money back.

With today's phones if you get a rude person calling you back simply "block" them from calling you again. Issue solved!!

No association dues needed but feel free to send me the $20 via Paypal.

Are ya'll saying that I can't purchase a list of people turning age 65 and call them to ask if they will be shopping for a Medicare Supplement? I knew UHC didn't want you calling for MAPD, but Medicare Supplements? If that is true then in Florida the only way to market is to drop mailers and hope for a decent return or buy internet leads.

Are ya'll saying that I can't purchase a list of people turning age 65 and call them to ask if they will be shopping for a Medicare Supplement? I knew UHC didn't want you calling for MAPD, but Medicare Supplements? If that is true then in Florida the only way to market is to drop mailers and hope for a decent return or buy internet leads.

Or work a different state / different carrier.

You can call T65 lists for medsupps as long as you aren't calling the same area as me :)

Latest posts

Back