Caller ID ? Regarding Med Supp Cold Calling

Are ya'll saying that I can't purchase a list of people turning age 65 and call them to ask if they will be shopping for a Medicare Supplement? I knew UHC didn't want you calling for MAPD, but Medicare Supplements? If that is true then in Florida the only way to market is to drop mailers and hope for a decent return or buy internet leads.
You have to certify with UHC to sell their sups. When you do that, you'll find your answer.

I talked with my hierarchy, MCC Life Brokerage, and they said it was OK to call a turning age 65 list for Medicare Supplements. They said Medicare Supplements are not regulated by CMS. I already knew this, but I just wanted to confirm in case there had been a change.

I talked with my hierarchy, MCC Life Brokerage, and they said it was OK to call a turning age 65 list for Medicare Supplements. They said Medicare Supplements are not regulated by CMS. I already knew this, but I just wanted to confirm in case there had been a change.

Correct MedSupps are not regulated by CMS, However if this is in response to you Inquiry about UHC Supps, UHC makes there own rules that are above and beyond what the Gov requires

Are you saying that my upline is wrong? I want a correct answer so I can stay compliant.

UHC has their own company policies regarding solicitation, which are a bit more strict than CMS.

Many other companies do not have those same company policies and simply go by the CMS guidelines, assuming they are offering MAPD plans.

Are you saying that my upline is wrong? I want a correct answer so I can stay compliant.

Are you appointed to sell UHC?

If so you must have gone through UHC's required annual Supp certifications that no other Supp requires, No?

The reason I questioned ya'll is because my upline kept telling me it was OK. I demanded the he get a confirmation from UHC and he did. He was wrong and ya'll were right. Sorry I questioned all of you.

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that UnitedHealthcare does not permit cold calls when selling Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
Susan Cipollo
Director, Compliance
UnitedHealthcare Ins. Co.

The reason I questioned ya'll is because my upline kept telling me it was OK. I demanded the he get a confirmation from UHC and he did. He was wrong and ya'll were right. Sorry I questioned all of you.

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that UnitedHealthcare does not permit cold calls when selling Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
Susan Cipollo
Director, Compliance
UnitedHealthcare Ins. Co.

Are you certified to sell UHC (AARP) Med Supps? If so, you would have seen that you can't cold call to sell their Med Supps. And it's very concerning to me that your upline didn't know this.

I am certified, but I don't remember reading this. I have always thought cold calling only pertained to MAPD and PDP. It concerns me too that my upline didn't know. I first called marketing at MCC and was told it was OK. Then I asked if she would get it confirmed. The VP of the brokerage confirmed that it was OK. I again asked him to confirm it and that is when he came back with the response from UHC. He hasn't returned any of my calls.

Back