Caller ID ? Regarding Med Supp Cold Calling

If you're truly independent, then you don't rely on somebody else to tell you the rules.

If I have a question I can't find the answer to, I call the company. The only thing I really need a FMO for is the contract. If I can get the contract direct without going through a FMO, I get it direct.

My fmo gives me free leads and top contracts...

Will a new upline ensure Billy reads the handbook? Maybe they ought to read it themselves, but doing so doesn't absolve Billy of the responsibility of reading it himself.

I never said it did, but I don't think it's too much to ask the FMO to know what they're talking about.

I joined this forum a few weeks ago and have learned a lot from fellow agents. I was seriously considering hiring a telemarketer to call a list for me when I read on the forum about UHC. I admit I should have known, but I did not.

Do any of you remember the days before Tricare for Life? Me and a guy named Lucky Nunes were big producers locally with Continental Life in the 1990's. I had built a 6 figure monthly income by writing 30+ policies a month for several years. Back then you could make a living selling Medicare Supplements because the commissions were much higher. Most companies paid lifetime renewals. Then came October 2001 when all military retirees were eligible for Tricare for Life. In a month I had lost $6000 monthly in renewals. I didn't realize I had so many military retirees insured because you don't ask them that on the application. Back then most everybody bought a MS, no MA. Since I have tried to maintain my $4000 renewal check by replacing those that died or lapsed. I was going to start targeting MS, but now am not sure. They are about 800+ people turning age 65 in the 5 counties that surround me. At least half will be military retirees, then you have the civil servant and those who buy MA. Probably not a couple hundred left who will shop. They are already bombarded with mail so I wanted to call. I will figure something out.

I joined this forum a few weeks ago and have learned a lot from fellow agents. I was seriously considering hiring a telemarketer to call a list for me when I read on the forum about UHC. I admit I should have known, but I did not. Do any of you remember the days before Tricare for Life? Me and a guy named Lucky Nunes were big producers locally with Continental Life in the 1990's. I had built a 6 figure monthly income by writing 30+ policies a month for several years. Back then you could make a living selling Medicare Supplements because the commissions were much higher. Most companies paid lifetime renewals. Then came October 2001 when all military retirees were eligible for Tricare for Life. In a month I had lost $6000 monthly in renewals. I didn't realize I had so many military retirees insured because you don't ask them that on the application. Back then most everybody bought a MS, no MA. Since I have tried to maintain my $4000 renewal check by replacing those that died or lapsed. I was going to start targeting MS, but now am not sure. They are about 800+ people turning age 65 in the 5 counties that surround me. At least half will be military retirees, then you have the civil servant and those who buy MA. Probably not a couple hundred left who will shop. They are already bombarded with mail so I wanted to call. I will figure something out.

Six figure MONTHLY income? As in $100,000+ per month?

Back