Caller ID ? Regarding Med Supp Cold Calling

I better start proof reading my post cause ya'll really lay into someone who makes a typo. I meant to say six figure annual income, a little over $10,000 monthly. 2 times in my career I lost health renewals from an act of Congress, Tricare for Life and Obamacare. $6000 monthly for the rest of those peoples life is a lot of money, $720,000 in 10 years. Gone from something I had no control over.

I better start proof reading my post cause ya'll really lay into someone who makes a typo. I meant to say six figure annual income, a little over $10,000 monthly. 2 times in my career I lost health renewals from an act of Congress, Tricare for Life and Obamacare. $6000 monthly for the rest of those peoples life is a lot of money, $720,000 in 10 years. Gone from something I had no control over.

Many of us understand completely. Anybody who was/is in the IFP market took a hit a few years ago when the first commission cut came. While not as large a hit as yours, mine was a hit of about $1,500 per month. But that wasn't my primary market. And when the next shoe drops (single payer) the rest of that income source will be gone.

That's why I've built multiple income streams in the insurance/investment markets. While it would hurt to lose one I can still survive.

Many of us understand completely. Anybody who was/is in the IFP market took a hit a few years ago when the first commission cut came. While not as large a hit as yours, mine was a hit of about $1,500 per month. But that wasn't my primary market. And when the next shoe drops (single payer) the rest of that income source will be gone.

That's why I've built multiple income streams in the insurance/investment markets. While it would hurt to lose one I can still survive.

Do you think single payer will destroy medicare as we know it as well? At least from the active agents perspective, and selling MA and medigap?

Do you think single payer will destroy medicare as we know it as well? At least from the active agents perspective, and selling MA and medigap?

Good question. I really don't know. I would like to think it would be political suicide to screw too much with Medicare. We're a decade in on MA now and about 16 million are enrolled. That's a big voting block to upset. And I think it only grows for the next decade or so due to the baby boomer generation hitting Medicare age.

With that said, politicians are prone to do stupid things so anything is possible.

Good question. I really don't know. I would like to think it would be political suicide to screw too much with Medicare. We're a decade in on MA now and about 16 million are enrolled. That's a big voting block to upset. And I think it only grows for the next decade or so due to the baby boomer generation hitting Medicare age.

With that said, politicians are prone to do stupid things so anything is possible.

It is my hope that the idiots in charge know where their bread is buttered, but alas you never know what to expect from the government.

I was going to start targeting MS, but now am not sure. They are about 800+ people turning age 65 in the 5 counties that surround me. At least half will be military retirees, then you have the civil servant and those who buy MA. Probably not a couple hundred left who will shop. They are already bombarded with mail so I wanted to call. I will figure something out.

Medicare Supplement can easily be sold over the phone, so you can pick a state where UHC is not that competitive. They also don't have Plan G which is good starting point to educate people about.

As far as military, you're going to run into them everywhere. It's just part of the weeding process of prospecting, to find those who are overpaying for the same exact plan that they can get somewhere else.

I recommend checking out MedicareAgentTraining.com

You'll learn things there your upline doesn't even know about!

Last edited:
Why would UHC have such a stupid policy. They aren't competitive in IL thank God!!

They def have a don't need us attitude but they are good for what they are.

when I get teli leads and I have some one that does not qualify for anything else I have no issue going to UHC, I am careful not to lead with them,In states where they are competitive like NY, Or FL I only by internet or live transfer leads. As of late I have been phasing out FL.

Why would UHC have such a stupid policy. They aren't competitive in IL thank God!!

CMS has been giving carriers trouble about this type of stuff for a long time. I suspect it has more to do with protecting them from sanctions/fines from the appearance of folks cold calling for MA plans than them actually taking issue with folks cold calling for med supps.

Do you think single payer will destroy medicare as we know it as well?

Single payer won't happen anytime soon, if ever.

Congress is aware of how the gray panthers vote so they are getting sneaky. Just like the recent fix for doc fix.

Higher Part B premiums phased in over the next few years. Plan F illegal won't happen until 2020.

They did the same thing with Obamacare. Phased in the bad stuff after 2014. Some of it, like higher tax bills if you didn't get your income right, didn't show up until this year.

They did the same thing with raising NRA for Social Security. That passed in (I believe) 1986 but didn't kick in until 2002

No one reads these laws, including the press. It doesn't get reported until after the fact.

Back