Calling T65 Without a Lead Card

Hopes

Super Genius
Georgia
Hi everyone. I'm looking for clarification on leads. I've read a couple of things that indicate people are cold calling t65 without a lead card. Is this allowed if only med supp is mentioned? I was under the impression I could only call IF I had that lead card with number.

Also, I heard one person say he drops in to "introduce" himself after he gets a lead card back.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for clarification on leads. I've read a couple of things that indicate people are cold calling t65 without a lead card. Is this allowed if only med supp is mentioned? I was under the impression I could only call IF I had that lead card with number.

Also, I heard one person say he drops in to "introduce" himself after he gets a lead card back.

As long as you are not calling for the purpose of selling or even discussing MA Plans, there is no problem with cold calling from a DNC scrubbed list.

Some people call the lead and some will door knock the lead once they get it back. It's a matter of preference.

Todd's right. We have lots of customers doing that and as long as it's for Med supp and not MA, with the exception of the state of Ohio, you're good to go.

Thanks for the clarification! I've been so well trained on what I cannot do that I'm left feeling like I have no peripheral vision trying to figure this out. And, if the customer brings up MA that opens the door to talk about it? About I get the SOA?

Also, what's a good time frame to approach for T65? 67+ crowd?

Thanks for the clarification! I've been so well trained on what I cannot do that I'm left feeling like I have no peripheral vision trying to figure this out. And, if the customer brings up MA that opens the door to talk about it? About I get the SOA?

Also, what's a good time frame to approach for T65? 67+ crowd?

If you are cold knocking for med supps its best not to even be certified to sell ma or pdp. CMS considers this bait and switch tactics to get around the marketing rules.Also probably shouldn't be selling AARP/UHC Med supps if your door knocking because UHC prohibits cold calling for these products.

If you are cold knocking for med supps its best not to even be certified to sell ma or pdp. CMS considers this bait and switch tactics to get around the marketing rules.Also probably shouldn't be selling AARP/UHC Med supps if your door knocking because UHC prohibits cold calling for these products.

Thank you for the information. I can always knock after I get the lead card back, right? I live in a mixed market with MA doing well in the Metro area and med supps doing pretty well in the rural areas so it wouldn't benefit me to drop certifications. I'm right on the line between the two.

Thank you for the information. I can always knock after I get the lead card back, right? I live in a mixed market with MA doing well in the Metro area and med supps doing pretty well in the rural areas so it wouldn't benefit me to drop certifications. I'm right on the line between the two.

Door knocking is never allowed for MA,PDP and UHC/AARP Med supp whether you have PTC or not.Also make sure your DM piece is compliant for a valid PTC for MA.

Door knocking is never allowed for MA,PDP and UHC/AARP Med supp whether you have PTC or not.Also make sure your DM piece is compliant for a valid PTC for MA.

Thanks for clarifying. There's a lot of confusing information and just when I think I understand, I see or hear something that makes me question. This conversation has helped tremendously.

Am I wrong to assume that the DM pieces offered by the larger mail houses are compliant?

Thanks for clarifying. There's a lot of confusing information and just when I think I understand, I see or hear something that makes me question. This conversation has helped tremendously.

Am I wrong to assume that the DM pieces offered by the larger mail houses are compliant?

Yes. You need CMS approval on it if you're doing anything with respect to MA/PDP products. Mail houses tend to send generic pieces.

Screw that, someone sends in a lead card and I drop by (which i haven't done in years) and show them the card they filled out and they want to meet, I'm setting the appt. Here's a scope, I'll be back in a couple of days.

Back