Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?     
Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

State: Sapphirise is an Insurance Agent from
Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?
Hello,

I am appointed with an agency that pay out $300 per sign up on medicare. With this, they give me leads.

Recently, I found an agency that pay out around $500s per signup but I need to go out and get my own leads.

The new agency pay more and I want to be appointed with them but I still want to stay with my current agency because they give me lead.

So my question is since both agencies work with same carriers, can I be appointed with these carriers under 2 agencies?

I don't know how hard is it to get own leads but if I do, I want to sign seniors up with new agency because this would be the lead I find on my own. And I will sign seniors up in current agency only when they assign me their leads.

Or get appointed directly with the carriers to get the maximum payout for my own lead.

Is this possible?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?
Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Super Genius

State: BeeSelective is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? Re: Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?
Originally Posted by Sapphirise View Post
Hello,

I am appointed with an agency that pay out $300 per sign up on medicare. With this, they give me leads.

Recently, I found an agency that pay out around $500s per signup but I need to go out and get my own leads.

The new agency pay more and I want to be appointed with them but I still want to stay with my current agency because they give me lead.

So my question is since both agencies work with same carriers, can I be appointed with these carriers under 2 agencies?

I don't know how hard is it to get own leads but if I do, I want to sign seniors up with new agency because this would be the lead I find on my own. And I will sign seniors up in current agency only when they assign me their leads.

Or get appointed directly with the carriers to get the maximum payout for my own lead.

Is this possible?

So you want to get leads from one and sell for another because they pay more. Hahaha. You will go far!!!
  Reply With Quote to Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
Guru
Todd King on Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?

State: Todd King is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Todd King is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? Re: Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?
Hello,

Is this possible?

No, you won't be able to be dual appointed with any of the carriers.

You are also making it sound like this is a one-time payment with either agency. If this is true, then neither agency is a good fit. Are you getting renewals or I'm I just mis-reading what you're saying?

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a free lead. You're paying for it somehow and most of the time you are paying dearly for it in the end!

Todd R. King
800-590-7207
540-400-6275
888-748-3978 Fax
TRKingIM.com

Do the right thing because it's simply the right thing to do.

Finalexpense101.com
Old 08-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #4

State: Sapphirise is an Insurance Agent from
Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? Re: Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? Sapphirise is the thread starter for: Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?

Originally Posted by Todd King View Post

You are also making it sound like this is a one-time payment with either agency. If this is true, then neither agency is a good fit. Are you getting renewals or I'm I just mis-reading what you're saying?

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a free lead. You're paying for it somehow and most of the time you are paying dearly for it in the end!
Your are right the leads are not free that is why the current agency is paying lower. Their renewal is only $150 while the new agency told me it is $200.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
Guru
GreenSky on Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Hello,

Is this possible?
If you are in CA I can guess who you're with.

Either live with the $300 or leave. It's dishonest to even think about what you'd like to do.

If you can generate your own leads you are almost always better off do that rather than the haircut you're now getting.

Rick

Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
Guru
Bevo on Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?

State: Bevo is an Insurance Agent from Texas
So you want your cake and to eat it too huh?

You want the safety net AND the big prize of being indie, but what your greedy little mind doesn't realize is you only get the big prize IF YOU DESERVE the big prize. And You don't.

And like Bee said, if you're thinking this way at all it's likely you're scheming to take the leads from the first to sell under the second. Karma, is a big ole' bitch. The sooner you learn that the better.

GREED. It's not just for breakfast anymore.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
Super Genius

State: timeflies is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Looks like there are some grammar issues here. I think what the poster is trying to say is he wants to be paid a higher amount if he generates his own lead and not settle for the lower amt on all sales. He only wants to settle for the lower amt if the FMO provided the lead.

Bottom line, is you can only be appointed with 1 marketing organization for each carrier and you should know what the marketing organizations's release policy is prior to signing any agreements.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Guru

State: yankee466 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Hello,

Is this possible?
I think it is basically correct to say that with health products you can not dual appoint, but with life products you can. Never knew why that is....but it is all that I have seen.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Guru
Newby on Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies?

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Todd King View Post

Read it closer Todd. He CAN get free leads. He steals from the IMO that is providing the leads and sells them through the 2nd IMO that pays the higher commissions. He and the 2nd IMO make out like bandits. First IMO is just out his lead cost and makes zero. But the OP is not concerned about that guy.

Other than having to look yourself in the mirror I think it would work until you get caught. Very short term and unethical thinking.

www.fexcontracting.com
fexcontracting is about helping independent FE agents get good contracts with the top quality companies and get them up to speed fast with product knowledge and a plan to succeed.
Reply to Can I Be Appointed with Same Medicare Carriers Under 2 Different Agencies? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum