Can't Discuss Value Added Services During AEP

I spoke with someone I know in local management with Humana. The answer was "we're going to ignore this."

Good to know.

Rick

This is part of an email from a local Humana manager today....
" we will comply.....they will not be in the new Summary of Benefits."

It will be interesting to see how this will be implemented.

I can see the question now.....

My neighbor has this plan and it provides silver sneakers and she really loves it, does this plan include it?

Ma'am CMS believes you are too stupid to make an informed choice if you know about value added services prior to actually enrolling in the plan so just as soon as you do sign up we will let you know what the plan offers in terms of value added services.

Prospect proceeds to beat you with her cane telling you get out of her house.

Right, because a transportation benefit to get to and from doctors without having to pay for a cab or deal with a bus ride is not something a senior should make a decision based off of. Or being able to get glasses. Or being able to go to a gym program demonstrated to increase quality of life and life expectancy. CMS nailed it.

I can see the question now.....

My neighbor has this plan and it provides silver sneakers and she really loves it, does this plan include it?

Ma'am CMS believes you are too stupid to make an informed choice if you know about value added services prior to actually enrolling in the plan so just as soon as you do sign up we will let you know what the plan offers in terms of value added services.

Prospect proceeds to beat you with her cane telling you get out of her house.

Client" Ok think Ill call my neighbors agent

----------

has any other companies Also stated this or only humana

It's in the Humana recert training

Hmmm...I wonder if that means Humana is dropping Silver Sneakers for 2015 and at the same realized that it's the core benefit's that consumers should be basing their decision on what MA plan best fits their needs ?

Funny thing is I never seen a consumers eyes light when I point out important benefits of a plan like this plan has lower than average MOOP of xxxx or lower than average copay for outpatient rehab of xxxxx like they light up when I tell them this plan has a dental benefits ( for preventive benefits only and good luck trying to find a dentist on the list that will not try to up-charge you for that 0 copay for routine cleanings)

If it true that CMS wants us to focus on what's really important that is good the consumers and for agents that don't follow the rules.

Hmmm...I wonder if that means Humana is dropping Silver Sneakers for 2015 and at the same realized that it's the core benefit's that consumers should be basing their decision on what MA plan best fits their needs ?

Funny thing is I never seen a consumers eyes light when I point out important benefits of a plan like this plan has lower than average MOOP of xxxx or lower than average copay for outpatient rehab of xxxxx like they light up when I tell them this plan has a dental benefits ( for preventive benefits only and good luck trying to find a dentist on the list that will not try to up-charge you for that 0 copay for routine cleanings)

If it true that CMS wants us to focus on what's really important that is good the consumers and for agents that don't follow the rules.

So true, I once lost a prospect I was trying to sell a plan N for $90
because she went with a PPO plan for $120
just because it included preventive dental
never mind the 20% surgery $50 spec or $800 hosp copay

Think you have a point as well as far as dropping Silver Sneakers or some other benefit

I have noticed in the past the disclaimer that these VAS can be changed or dropped at the anytime and that they are not guaranteed

that coupled with the fact I have not seen any other carrier or CMS publication about this

So maybe they plan on dropping some of the VAS during the year trying to slow the complaints

Back