Central States Indemnity

I'm appointed. I have heard so many horror stories with their UW dept. like the ones above that I don't even consider them when it is a UW app. But I use them for my t-65's. We'll see how their stringent UW policies translate into low rate increases over the coming years.

Just got a contract from them for life. I have no interest in a life carrier, especially not from a carrier with a reputation for high rejections on their supplements, though.

glad I'm not the only one who finds them difficult to deal with. Their eapp is good, however the client signature can be confusing for clients.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the disparity between their actual underwriting and their published UW guide. I have no problem with them being stringent - it's kinda nice really to have a company that is - but at least be upfront with what you actually underwriting for. Otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time.

They have gotten a lot faster recently, though. Not sure if they have more UWers/better processes or are just getting fewer apps.

I've had quite a few apps declined by them, I screen heavily and almost never get declines with any other company. They are a pain to work with, unless you're sending open enrollment business.

CSI is an AIMC company, which is it's own issue alone.

The biggest issue is, the huge disconnect between what their application and underwriting guide says and what they actually decline for. They decline for a lot more then what you're given as an agent.

The other issue is, if there's a problem in underwriting or something with any normal company, you just pick up the phone and get it straightened out. Not with CSI, they absolutely will not discuss anything to do with underwriting with an agent, or even the insured. If they decline, they will snail mail the insured a reason, and that is the end of it.

I have around $150K IAP with them, no problems, very fast underwriting and pay, easy website, easy for me to work with. I've had a few declines, maybe 8 or 9.

Remember, the harder the undering, the lower the premium increase in the future, only 5% in the first increase.

The Warren Buffet ownership helps too.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the disparity between their actual underwriting and their published UW guide. I have no problem with them being stringent - it's kinda nice really to have a company that is - but at least be upfront with what you actually underwriting for. Otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time.

They have gotten a lot faster recently, though. Not sure if they have more UWers/better processes or are just getting fewer apps.

Any updates to this thread info?

I'm currently contracted for both companies, Central States Indemnity and CSI Life for Med Supp, and the A+ AM Best rating can be a deal-maker (even though we all know they pay for the rating.)

Any idea if they do the 'Mutual of Omaha boogie' with rate hikes for legacy policy holders on a Med Supp?

Thanks!

Any updates to this thread info?

I'm currently contracted for both companies, Central States Indemnity and CSI Life for Med Supp, and the A+ AM Best rating can be a deal-maker (even though we all know they pay for the rating.)

Any idea if they do the 'Mutual of Omaha boogie' with rate hikes for legacy policy holders on a Med Supp?

Thanks!

So far I don't see them doing it, but only time will tell. Rates seem to hold fairly stable.

Remind me again the problem with AIMC ?

Yes, let's ask medsuptage and alldaytuesdays what issues they have with AIMC (Manhattan Life) and Central States Indemnity/CSI Life.

I'm curious if anything has changed since 2013 with Central States Indemnity/CSI Life or if they close blocks of business to create the need for rate hikes on legacy policy holders like MOFO.

Also, if underwriting is still the same, with UW issues that occur outside of the health questions and underwriting guide? Or is the appl straight forward now?

Both companies are competitive in Indiana and New Mexico.

Thanks!

What about AIMC?

Admiral Life
AFLAC
Family Life
RNA
Sterling

See a pattern?

I probably missed a few.

Back