Christian Health Ministries and Medicare

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I have a prospect who is T65 soon and is on a group plan that he will be losing at the end of the year. I went into my f2f education script and at the end, his wife asked if he could just join her plan. She said she is on a Christian Health Ministries plan.

Now I'm not too familiar with it but aren't those ACA alternative plans for religious groups? And I'm assuming that he would be unable to have Medicare and/or the CHM plan, correct?

----------

I have a prospect who is T65 soon and is on a group plan that he will be losing at the end of the year. I went into my f2f education script and at the end, his wife asked if he could just join her plan. She said she is on a Christian Health Ministries plan.

Now I'm not too familiar with it but aren't those ACA alternative plans for religious groups? And I'm assuming that he would be unable to have Medicare and/or the CHM plan, correct?

Hey Chaz, good question. I did some digging and it looks like you must have Part A and B if you are Medicare eligible and you wish to have a CHM plan. Though, it doesn't look too wise. Plans are $45,$85 and $150 per unit and since you're in FL, they could have a $0 mapd or pay $130 for a nice plan N which would have more coverage than their plan, which only covers up to $125k per illness.

----------

Hey Chaz, good question. I did some digging and it looks like you must have Part A and B if you are Medicare eligible and you wish to have a CHM plan. Though, it doesn't look too wise. Plans are $45,$85 and $150 per unit and since you're in FL, they could have a $0 mapd or pay $130 for a nice plan N which would have more coverage than their plan, which only covers up to $125k per illness.

Hahaaa...talking to yourself???:laugh:

----------

I represent Medishare as an alternative for obamacare policies. They do have a medsupp type product for those on Medicare. I'm not home right now, but if you are interested in selling them, or just need some info send me a pm, I can get back to you either later tonight or first thing in the morning.

I represent Medishare as an alternative for obamacare policies. They do have a medsupp type product for those on Medicare. I'm not home right now, but if you are interested in selling them, or just need some info send me a pm, I can get back to you either later tonight or first thing in the morning.

Oh that's ok. I'm not looking to sign up young people or the wife in this situation. I just didn't know if he could have CHM instead of Medicare.

If they like the christian aspect of the medishare plans, then show him an LCBA medsupp!

Or Thrivent..they're not just for Lutherans anymore.:)

I just had a lady get declined for a LBL Med Supp that I'm moving from ACI. I talked to her on the phone today about going with the Christian company. She said that Thrivent had called her a while back and asked her why she didn't have it with them since she's a Lutheran and she told them because they didn't have Plan N.

I told her that Thrivent does have Plan N now and I can write that for her if she prefers, but they don't do a POS interview. She qualified for LBL, but when they called to do the PHI they asked her what her last A1C reading was she told them she thought it was something like 7.3...7's the cut off. She told me today that she has a paper from the Dr. saying it's 7.0. She doesn't want to appeal it since it could take 30-60 days. She decided to pay $3 more a month than Thrivent and go with LCBA tomorrow, because she wants to know before I go.:yes:

Or Thrivent..they're not just for Lutherans anymore.:)

I just had a lady get declined for a LBL Med Supp that I'm moving from ACI. I talked to her on the phone today about going with the Christian company. She said that Thrivent had called her a while back and asked her why she didn't have it with them since she's a Lutheran and she told them because they didn't have Plan N.

I told her that Thrivent does have Plan N now and I can write that for her if she prefers, but they don't do a POS interview. She qualified for LBL, but when they called to do the PHI they asked her what her last A1C reading was she told them she thought it was something like 7.3...7's the cut off. She told me today that she has a paper from the Dr. saying it's 7.0. She doesn't want to appeal it since it could take 30-60 days. She decided to pay $3 more a month than Thrivent and go with LCBA tomorrow, because she wants to know before I go.:yes:

LCBA for the win! As you already know, I love writing them!

LCBA for the win! As you already know, I love writing them!

Yes, I do know that Luke. The lady I just referred to is a good example of why I wish more companies would do the POS PHI with a decision.

I had another one last week with LCBA, that if I hadn't been there she might've screwed up the PHI. She was so nervous that she had to look at the front of the app when they asked her date of birth.

They're not as nervous when we're there, and we can catch and correct mistakes.

Just out of curiosity what type of commission do they pay? I have been listening to the radio ads for Medishare..people calling after OE and I work a lot with the Christian community...

Back