Cigna Is Back After 18 Month Sanction

I was hoping LD would just go away but he seems to think this is a great place to waste everyone's time.

He asks questions just because he has nothing going on in his life. Most of the questions don't affect him. Why does he care about agent commission? Why does he care about MA when he isn't in a such a plan?

Perhaps he can find something else to question. I would suggest Piper Forum - Powered by vBulletin. That way he can ask questions about Piper aircraft and flying. Perhaps redirecting him to another hobby would help.

I have now blocked the troll as it's no longer even fun to deal with him. I wish he would just go away.

Rick

Why does he care about agent commission? Why does he care about MA when he isn't in a such a plan?

Because it appears that actions I had considered have a potential affect on others that I have no understanding of. Mentioning those options has cost me the goodwill of a person, who at least in one instance, was the only person who chose to help me. When I understand better, I at least have the potential of communicating better.

Because the specific MA question I asked is not one I can find an answer to in Medicare and You.

Last edited:
I have totally ignored MA plans because they don't affect me personally.

I am now led to ask two questions about those types of plans.

One is about commissions. If an insurance agent says to me something like "you want to be a SHIP volunteer and you will steal my business", would that potentially apply to MA plans just like PDP plans? ie, can the consumers directly enroll in an MA type plan on the CMS website?

The other is about drug coverage. I'd always sorta thought MA and MAPD meant the same thing-but I think I'm seeing now that is not the case.

Before I can track with the details I have to get better understandings of the fee-for-service, PPO and HMO concepts. At that point my question then becomes, is it common, "in the wild"-in the hands of "real medicare participants" to find MA plans which are not PPO or HMO plans, so that the plan holder might have a combination of Medicare Advantage + PDP rather than an MAPD?

Thanks.

It depends on the area. The Medicare products that can be carried with a PDP (in order from rare to available everywhere based on my experience) are MSA, cost plan, MA PFFS, and med supp.

Someone may not be comfortable with PFFS rules. I don't have any cost plan experience. And there might be one MSA in the country servicing like 3 counties so they're a non-factor.

I was hoping LD would just go away but he seems to think this is a great place to waste everyone's time.

He asks questions just because he has nothing going on in his life. Most of the questions don't affect him. Why does he care about agent commission? Why does he care about MA when he isn't in a such a plan?

Perhaps he can find something else to question. I would suggest Piper Forum - Powered by vBulletin. That way he can ask questions about Piper aircraft and flying. Perhaps redirecting him to another hobby would help.

I have now blocked the troll as it's no longer even fun to deal with him. I wish he would just go away.

Rick

I'd rather have a Terrafugia Transition Forum added here.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum to see what help I could offer, as well as to learn a few things. Aside from overall quality going down a bit for whatever other reason, LD's posts have turned me off to the point that I'm out. LD you've taught me exactly how NOT to spend my time when I get your age. You think it's witty and helpful. In reality, it's really just pathetic.

Cheers everyone, wishing you all massive success. Those who know me offline, feel free to drop a line every now and then.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum to see what help I could offer, as well as to learn a few things. Aside from overall quality going down a bit for whatever other reason, LD's posts have turned me off to the point that I'm out. LD you've taught me exactly how NOT to spend my time when I get your age. You think it's witty and helpful. In reality, it's really just pathetic.

Cheers everyone, wishing you all massive success. Those who know me offline, feel free to drop a line every now and then.
You'll be missed Russell, hope you change your mind. :yes:

LD's posts have turned me off to the point that I'm out. LD you've taught me exactly how NOT to spend my time when I get your age. You think it's witty and helpful. In reality, it's really just pathetic.

First, we lose WS Mason because of LD, now Bevo.

Back