CIGNA HS Has Been Sanctioned by CMS

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Got a email today from CIGNA HS...

"Please note that marketing and enrollment activities for Cigna-HealthSpring’s Medicare Advantage and standalone prescription drug plans have been suspended until further notice due to CMS sanctions. As a result, you must cease marketing to and contacting potential enrollees on behalf of Cigna-HealthSpring. The suspension does not impact current Cigna-HealthSpring Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D enrollees’ benefits or plans.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. We remain committed to our ongoing partnership and will keep you informed of developments as we work with CMS to return to active enrollment.

Cigna-HealthSpring"

They had just received a 5 star rating in Arizona during AEP. Oops!
I know an agent who hustled to quickly get certified when they're five star announcement was made. Maybe as a way to regain market share they'll decide it may be worth compensating agents for their PDP plans.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch of a-holes!
Every now and then cms gets it right...lol

In AZ Cigna has been a class act and out of all of the lines of business I sell their MAPD is by far my happiest book of business. Haters hate but here they are solid here so hope that they can get the stupid part D fixed.

Latest posts

Back