Cigna HS

I read the article. Capitalism in healthcare lacks transparency. More price and cost transparency would pave the way to a better insurance and healthcare system, IMO

Ill have to follow this case more closely. It will be interesting to see what the ruling is. It kind of reminds me of the Martin Shkreli situation earlier this year, he and his company didn't actually break the law, but what they did was just frowned upon.

Yes, regardless of how it turns out, this on top of the sanctions won't be good for public relations.

From what I understand, they are on sanctions during 2017 AEP - no definitive answer on when the sanctions will be lifted yet.

If you have clients enrolled in HealthSpring MA or PDP plans, you may review the benefits with clients already enrolled in HS plans - but the client must initiate the contact, and you can only review the information with them - avoid steering or using any superlative to describe the products.

FYI - 2017 Summary of Benefits for Cigna HealthSpring MA and PDP plans are available to certified agents through the producer portal (under 'Resource Library') for anyone who does want to see what the 2017 HS product looks like.

From what I understand, they are on sanctions during 2017 AEP - no definitive answer on when the sanctions will be lifted yet.

If you have clients enrolled in HealthSpring MA or PDP plans, you may review the benefits with clients already enrolled in HS plans - but the client must initiate the contact, and you can only review the information with them - avoid steering or using any superlative to describe the products.

FYI - 2017 Summary of Benefits for Cigna HealthSpring MA and PDP plans are available to certified agents through the producer portal (under 'Resource Library') for anyone who does want to see what the 2017 HS product looks like.

Hmmm, this post is worded in a way that sounds a lot like a response I'd get from an employee of Cigna-HealthSpring.

Hmmm, this post is worded in a way that sounds a lot like a response I'd get from an employee of Cigna-HealthSpring.

I'm not an employee of Cigna-Health Spring - I work with a national IMO that represents multiple carriers.

I did attend a webinar they hosted on their 2017 products and what sanctions mean for their agents and clients- so I just wanted to pass along what I learned.

I'm not an employee of Cigna-Health Spring - I work with a national IMO that represents multiple carriers.

I did attend a webinar they hosted on their 2017 products and what sanctions mean for their agents and clients- so I just wanted to pass along what I learned.

Oh yeah...which one?:skeptical:

I don't market HS as much anymore, but was surprised to learn that HS kept some rich benefits in place for 2017. They are not as easy to switch over as many agents think, at least that is what I've heard. I have about a dozen left on the books, and none of them has expressed an interest in looking for another carrier.

I don't market HS as much anymore, but was surprised to learn that HS kept some rich benefits in place for 2017. They are not as easy to switch over as many agents think, at least that is what I've heard. I have about a dozen left on the books, and none of them has expressed an interest in looking for another carrier.

Well you shouldn't be marketing them at all since they've been under sanctions for about 10 months. In some areas in my state they added a $25 monthly premium. Every single one of my clients in those areas have called me and most are changing (where there is a lower cost option available).

Back