Cigna HS

Re: Cigna-hs..............................

I believe I saw them restricted on plan D in KS a few days ago.

Success can be SO fleeting sometimes. For some of us, the next door hides a bigger dog!
:embarrassed:

If a customer is already on a Cigna HS PDP, and wants to compare that to the other PDP options for 2017, how would he do that? I'd usually just use medicare.gov but it wont let me bc of the sanction

I don't try to compare it. I pull up the #1 and #2 and say, these are the best plans that are not under sanction like Cigna. If you want to compare it to Cigna you'll have to use the formulary and ANOC they sent you and make a decision. If you want to go into 2017 blind that is your call, but not advisable.

They are still under sanctions, so no selling their products for the 2017 AEP. I think I saw where they hope to be out of sanctions sometime during the 2017 calendar year.

I read the article. Capitalism in healthcare lacks transparency. More price and cost transparency would pave the way to a better insurance and healthcare system, IMO

Ill have to follow this case more closely. It will be interesting to see what the ruling is. It kind of reminds me of the Martin Shkreli situation earlier this year, he and his company didn't actually break the law, but what they did was just frowned upon.

Back