Cigna PDP - No More Biz From Agents

Strange that most of you seem disinterested. I thought they were great, and wanted them to bring back their pffs plan to this area.

Their name is easy to say, people like them, their logo is appealing, they will send you leads if you're a good agent.

I used their PDPs sparingly. I did find that their "agent services" (whatever they call theirs) were not easy to access and work with.

No MA for Cigna here - so no biggie for me, if they were to cut the agent out there. I just thought agents would want to note this trend & be as prepared as possible if others follow suit.

I can't imagine how messed up Rx coverage among seniors would be if agents are removed from the loop.

Last edited:
:mad:So, I understood we would be allowed to certify for 2015 with Cigna PDP, simply to continue our renewals, after 12/08/2014. I cannot find out how or where. My FMO seems to have forgotten this , or has no information to share. All I get from Cigna is the automated " we received your e-mail" reply. Cannot get into the training website with former passwords, and everyone there at Cigna says call another department. This is starting to look like a crime in progress ! Anyone with any info?

Thank to you both-I got started with the link above, then I finally got in touch with someone at Cigna, after 2 transfers to another #, that acknowledged that I did indeed exist! They then sort of walked me through set-up. I am not a tech wizard, but these folks sort of assumed a lot of things as common knowledge which I was not familiar with, such as a "Pinpoint" website to register with, etc. As I went through this, I think Pinpoint is an alternative to AHIP, but not 100% certain.
Definitely, this was not a warm and fuzzy feeling process. Felt a bit like used toilet tissue , used and no longer needed. I will remember this when I am quoting Med Supps. in the future. (Yes, I do tend to hold a grudge);)
I referred one client in AEP to call Cigna , due to the formulary coverage of her meds. Spoke to her later, and she was on hold 45 minutes before giving up and calling to her current company, Humana, and upgrading and staying with them. I did not make that mistake again.
How's that "no agent" thing working out, I wonder?:nah:

Back