Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?     
Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Guru
jacobtn on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: jacobtn is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
jacobtn is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?
On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered. Is there any benefit to the client answering yes to this? Most of the time they say no as they get enough solicitations as it is.

Do they pay us on any business they generate if the client consents? Just wasn't sure exactly what they are doing with the consent.

Last edited by jacobtn; 08-09-2017 at 11:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote to Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Guru

State: GoPokes is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? Re: Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?
Originally Posted by jacobtn View Post
On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered. Is there any benefit to the client answering yes to this? Most of the time they say no as they get enough solicitations as it is.

Do they pay us on any business they generate if the client consents? Just wasn't sure exactly what they are doing with the consent.
My understanding is that cigna contacts our customers periodically to solicit other products, like cancer and life, and when they sell it, we get paid. It didnt use to be that way though, Cigna used to keep the commission, but that changed after some big agency sued them and now cigna must pay us.
------------------------------------
Old 08-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
Guru
Todd King on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: Todd King is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Todd King is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? Re: Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?
Originally Posted by GoPokes View Post
My understanding is that cigna contacts our customers periodically to solicit other products, like cancer and life, and when they sell it, we get paid. It didnt use to be that way though, Cigna used to keep the commission, but that changed after some big agency sued them and now cigna must pay us.
This is true!......
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Guru
Birdman300 on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: Birdman300 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Originally Posted by Todd King View Post
This is true!......
Do they put this in writing? LOL

This is a great question. So we can select "Yes" to this option and if they sell something else, we get the commission?...Is this correct?

Helping Seniors with Medicare
www.SeniorPlanHelp.com
Old 08-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #5
Guru

State: GoPokes is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Birdman300 View Post
Do they put this in writing? LOL

This is a great question. So we can select "Yes" to this option and if they sell something else, we get the commission?...Is this correct?
I imagine it's in writing somewhere. I have agent friends who have in fact received commissions from this type of scenario. So, I just accept it as true.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
Guru
salpro22 on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: salpro22 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
salpro22 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I imagine it's in writing somewhere. I have agent friends who have in fact received commissions from this type of scenario. So, I just accept it as true.
Were your friends able to see those ancillary policies in Cigna's Agent system?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
Super Genius
BuckNasty on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: BuckNasty is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

Wow...this is great if accurate. I've just automatically checked "no" to that question everytime. Guess that is going to change.

What would be awesome is if those auxiliary sales they make would also count towards the incentive trips!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #8
Guru
Daytona_Guy on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: Daytona_Guy is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Daytona_Guy is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by jacobtn View Post
On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered.t.
No, they are not currently cross selling anything to the clients. Back when they purchased Great American in 2012 they had a call center that was cross selling products. That is no longer.

Medicare Agent Training.com
Old 08-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #9
Super Genius

State: Residentzombie is an Insurance Agent from Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Daytona_Guy View Post
[SIZE="3"]No, they are not currently cross selling anything to the clients. Back when they purchased Great American in 2012 they had a call center that was cross selling products. That is no longer.
That makes sense because if the cross selling agency was getting commissions and then the law shifted the commissions to the writing agent of record, their would be no financial incentive for the cross selling agency to sell anymore. People don't work for free guys. That lawsuit essentially put the cross selling agency out of business with no more commissionable sales.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #10
Guru
jacobtn on Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

State: jacobtn is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
jacobtn is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? Re: Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? jacobtn is the thread starter for: Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

Originally Posted by Daytona_Guy View Post
No, they are not currently cross selling anything to the clients. Back when they purchased Great American in 2012 they had a call center that was cross selling products. That is no longer.

Thanks Chris, I figured you would know who to ask.
Reply to Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum