Cigna Question Regarding Marketing Other Products on Eapp?

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered. Is there any benefit to the client answering yes to this? Most of the time they say no as they get enough solicitations as it is.

Do they pay us on any business they generate if the client consents? Just wasn't sure exactly what they are doing with the consent.

Last edited:
On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered. Is there any benefit to the client answering yes to this? Most of the time they say no as they get enough solicitations as it is.

Do they pay us on any business they generate if the client consents? Just wasn't sure exactly what they are doing with the consent.

My understanding is that cigna contacts our customers periodically to solicit other products, like cancer and life, and when they sell it, we get paid. It didnt use to be that way though, Cigna used to keep the commission, but that changed after some big agency sued them and now cigna must pay us.

My understanding is that cigna contacts our customers periodically to solicit other products, like cancer and life, and when they sell it, we get paid. It didnt use to be that way though, Cigna used to keep the commission, but that changed after some big agency sued them and now cigna must pay us.

This is true!......

Do they put this in writing? LOL

This is a great question. So we can select "Yes" to this option and if they sell something else, we get the commission?...Is this correct?

I imagine it's in writing somewhere. I have agent friends who have in fact received commissions from this type of scenario. So, I just accept it as true.

I imagine it's in writing somewhere. I have agent friends who have in fact received commissions from this type of scenario. So, I just accept it as true.

Were your friends able to see those ancillary policies in Cigna's Agent system?

Wow...this is great if accurate. I've just automatically checked "no" to that question everytime. Guess that is going to change.

What would be awesome is if those auxiliary sales they make would also count towards the incentive trips!

On the Med supp eapp there is a question that asks if the client can be cross-sold other products, basically if they are ok with the company mailing (or calling?) them for other products is what I gathered.t.

No, they are not currently cross selling anything to the clients. Back when they purchased Great American in 2012 they had a call center that was cross selling products. That is no longer.

cigna-cross-selling-clarification-email.jpg

No, they are not currently cross selling anything to the clients. Back when they purchased Great American in 2012 they had a call center that was cross selling products. That is no longer.

That makes sense because if the cross selling agency was getting commissions and then the law shifted the commissions to the writing agent of record, their would be no financial incentive for the cross selling agency to sell anymore. People don't work for free guys. That lawsuit essentially put the cross selling agency out of business with no more commissionable sales.

Back