Client Gets Big Bill from PDP Company for Under-Charges

Anyone ever have this happen to a client? I recommended my client change from a company who he had his part D plan with for various reasons, suffice to say, he just got a bill in the mail from the company for $750, because he was undercharged for his drugs, which had been paying for - right at the end of AEPish.

Seems kinda odd, not sure if he should appeal this some how. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Anyone ever have this happen to a client? I recommended my client change from a company who he had his part D plan with for various reasons, suffice to say, he just got a bill in the mail from the company for $750, because he was undercharged for his drugs, which had been paying for - right at the end of AEPish.

Seems kinda odd, not sure if he should appeal this some how. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Does the letter explain why the undercharge happen? Maybe he had Extra Help and retroactively lost it? I would think the letter would have appeal instructions too. I would definitely fight it.

Back