CMS Oversite of Agent Websites

Ah, but the insurance companies "regulated", do own CMS "regulators" .

Again, I suppose you can make that argument but I don't think it would be a strong one.

The state DOIs are supposed to regulate the insurance carriers... and we know how well that works!

Who speaks for [health] agents? Anyone?

Why aren't agents organized?

Have you ever tried to 'herd' cats?

FALSTAFF:
"Tut, never fear me: I am as vigilant as a cat to steal cream."
-Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part 1, Act 1, Scene 1

There is some truth that CMS HATES agents, but more to the truth is that the mission of CMS is to protect the public FROM agents.

The regulators and the regulated should be adversaries. When the regulated 'owns' the regulators, there is usually little regulation.

"Do as adversaries in law, strive mightily, But eat and drink as friends."
-Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, Scene 2

Who protects the public from the regulators?

Speaking of websites... I guess you could be exempted if you're big enough, or it may be a matter of time before it catches up to you.

Secure Horizons Medicare Complete Plans

This is interesting. My 2nd year in the business, I listed a few of the companies I carried on my site & got a swift call from United Healthcare telling me that I couldn't do that (wasn't even referencing Medicare or anything). I never mentioned another company by name.

The compliance issue for advertising can vary by state DOI. In KS, they said to use the name of a company in any solicitation I would have to get approval from the company named, then they'd file it at their home office, and then the DOI would also have to approve before it could be used. Too much trouble . . . .

Back