Cold Calling for Med Supp

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
How many of you all cold call medicare supp leads?

If you do, what filters do you use for your lists?

Income, Age, etc...

Have you found some times of day better than others?

For med supps and FE it seems you get better action in the morning, 10-12 or so, then afternoon 1:30-4:30, and then evenings. Mornings being the most productive, evenings being the least. That is unless you're doing T65s, in which case evenings are a must because a lot of them are still working.

Different areas/states produce different results, as well as the carriers you have. Check rates for a few local zip codes. Are your carriers strong compared to other plans at 65 or later in life. Sometimes marketing to 67+ will work well if you are speaking with fairly healthy prospects that are unhappy with their current plan due to rate increases and they are not as bombarded with correspondence as T65.

Income, Age, etc...

Have you found some times of day better than others?

I've done cold calling, or my office has now, since 2008 and here is what I've found. The best ages for us to help are 69 to 74 years old. On incomes, I tried my best to limit it to $25,000+ as the ideal Medicare Supplement client.

By calling into this demo, you're able to separate yourself from the T65 folks, where it is very crowded, and your average premium is somewhere around 30% higher than what it would have been had you written them at 65. This means a higher return per client gathered. Also, when they've been affected by rate increases to the point that their current premium is WAY off from the market, the savings are significant and these people become raving fans.

This is my, I believe, my referrals grew so fast; it is because of the significance of the savings brought to this demographic by shopping today's rates vs. what they've allowed the rate increases to creep to.

See:
Where to Focus – The Riches are in the Niches | Medicare Training - MedicareAgentTraining.com

Back