Colonial Penn / Banker's Med Supp

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Anyone have their rates in Ohio?

I use CSG, but the rates seem out-of-line.

In one zip code...
Female 65NT = $233 for Plan F.
Male 71NT = $325 for Plan F - highest in the state by a long shot.

I sent CSG an e-mail and they said that since it's a captive co., it can take up to 2 weeks to get rates from the DOI to confirm that their rates are accurate, but as far as they could tell, they were accurate.

If accurate, great! But they just stuck out like a sore thumb...I know they tend to be high, but I didn't think they were that high. Obviously, I don't want to show the wrong rates...

It's amazing how high their rates are in many areas. Not always the most expensive but usually damn close.

Funny thing is their Plan N is generally very competitive.

Rick

In one zip code...

I sent CSG an e-mail and they said that since it's a captive co., it can take up to 2 weeks to get rates from the DOI to confirm that their rates are accurate, but as far as they could tell, they were accurate.

If accurate, great! But they just stuck out like a sore thumb...I know they tend to be high, but I didn't think they were that high. Obviously, I don't want to show the wrong rates...

I replaced a 68 year old female Colonial Penn Plan F with Medico plan F and saved her over $100 a month in Indiana. Pretty good savings at that age...

In one zip code...

Don't know about Ohio, but I've replaced several of their Plan N's with F's for less money.

Back