Congress Looking at Limiting Medigap Options

I posted this today about the hearing yesterday on fixing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) payment problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Health insurance and Medicare updates

Unfortunately, the fact is that one day congress is going to put us out of business. My hope is that I see it coming far enough in advance to pivot to p&c by cross selling my book before it disappears. My big fear is combining part a and b and implementing a moop. This would completely eliminate the need for a medigap plan. Good news is this type of reform might take a year or 2 to implement so we might have time figure out another way to make a living.

Unfortunately, the fact is that one day congress is going to put us out of business. My hope is that I see it coming far enough in advance to pivot to p&c by cross selling my book before it disappears. My big fear is combining part a and b and implementing a moop. This would completely eliminate the need for a medigap plan. Good news is this type of reform might take a year or 2 to implement so we might have time figure out another way to make a living.

Sell FE.............................

LOL! I would need to sell a boat load of FE month to month to replace my medsup renewal income. At least P&C is a renewal business...

If this med sup game goes belly up I'm either going P&C or I i'll get my loan originator license and start kissing some realtor ass.

Female I hope.:laugh:

You don't like FE...what've you got against cat piss?:twitchy:

So far the only here to say anything that really made any sense, and had a real solution was Rick...

----------

Seriously? You think charging those who have a Medicare Supplement an extra fee will fix the deficit? Hell, all our government would do with the extra money is find another place to spend it. According to a Kaiser Family Foundation report from 2010, 23% of Medicare recipients have a Medicare Supplement. I'm willing to bet my MAPD clients utilize their coverage more than my Med Supp clients as a whole.

How about Congress just quit kicking the can down the road on the "doc fix"? That might be a good place to start in regard to Medicare.

Thank you for putting words in my mouth. I didn't realize that is what I thought :skeptical:

Back