Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

Did their test drive. Only 4 carriers in my zip, Gerber and Sentinel being 2 if that tells you anything. I like Ritter being free and the SOA option or CSG being it compares price not showing carrier trying to initiate contact with you the agent first. Quote it seems pretty robust but for $150 a month or whatever deal they give you, you would at least think it would be mobile responsive.

Keep in mind the company you sign on with also gets your lead data. Not saying any of the above mentioned aren't trustworthy, although one of them I certainly would not trust.

I've used JHP on over 50 sites for 8 years. Like Bob (Somarco) mentioned, call the lead (Which is the entire purpose of putting a quote engine on your site...to get a lead. Not to give out free information for no reason) and sell them what IS right for them.

Only companies like Ehealth are set up to sell policies directly through their site so what difference does it make how many companies are shown?

I am setting up my own site now. I have considered using a quote engine, but for nwo, I just have them enter their DOB, zip code and other pertinent info that gets emailed to me and then I will follow up. I guess if people are not aware that using the quote engine will generate a lead for an agent, they may be more likely to use the quote engine. What do the quote engines cost?

Keep in mind the company you sign on with also gets your lead data. Not saying any of the above mentioned aren't trustworthy, although one of them I certainly would not trust.

I've used JHP on over 50 sites for 8 years. Like Bob (Somarco) mentioned, call the lead (Which is the entire purpose of putting a quote engine on your site...to get a lead. Not to give out free information for no reason) and sell them what IS right for them.

Only companies like Ehealth are set up to sell policies directly through their site so what difference does it make how many companies are shown?

Do you get a hold of everyone who puts their lead info in?

Yeah sure...110% of them. :twitchy:

Yeah, we both know that answer. My only point to this is optimization. When you have someone entering fictitious info on your site that gives them a crappy quote, do you think they call you or the site that gives them a better quote? QuoteIT offers direct enroll with your agent number for a number of carriers. Not sure that would ever happen but would be nice.

So you are optimizing your conversions when prospects go to your site and see higher priced carriers then when the look at someone elses?

Counting on the automated emails to get their attention.

When they see the same plans and rates they see elsewhere many go somewhere else. No problem. Don't need/want tire kickers.

But if they read my automated emails, including one that hits their mailbox within seconds of seeing the quote results, they know I am more than just rates and a pretty face.

Some folks find my quote engine landing page and never see my site. Others find my site, get a chance to "know me", then get a quote.

If they read my emails I tell them there are more than 200 rates and plans, not just the 30 or so they see on my site or anyone else's site.

In all the years I have had a quote engine, including U65 health and Medicare, I might have had 10 people sign up and never talk to me. Most of those were U65.

Those commission dollars spend too, but that is not the type of client I want.

Some folks want policyholders. I want clients.

Big difference.

Aflac? Yeah probably not. But showing 4 over priced carriers is not going to optimize your conversions.

Where is AFLAC selling Medigap? Guam? (I realize you are responding to zombie. Guy must have a wayback machine).

19350-wabac_machine_teaser.jpg

Showing 4 overpriced carriers doesn't bother me. If they want to buy one of those plans they don't need me and I don't need them.

I don't need or want high volume sales. That's the nice thing about tenure in this business. I can still make my house payment (only 32 more and it is mine) even if I don't make a sale this week.

people are not aware that using the quote engine will generate a lead for an agent, they may be more likely to use the quote engine.

Far too many of the sites with forms or quote engines are lead gen sites where the information is sold to about 4,000 agents. Makes it difficult to cut through the clutter but the very first email they get from me has in the subject line STOP THE PHONE CALLS

Usually get's their attention.

So does the one they get if they never open my email, never answer the phone (or give me a bum number), or never return my call. Then they get an email that says CLOSING YOUR FILE. I go on to tell them I am firing them (but a bit more politely) and if they want my help they know how to find me.

When you have someone entering fictitious info on your site that gives them a crappy quote, do you think they call you or the site that gives them a better quote? QuoteIT offers direct enroll with your agent number for a number of carriers. Not sure that would ever happen but would be nice.

If they give me bogus info they are dumped right away. I don't need that kind of disrespect.

Frankly at that point I don't care what they do as long as it isn't with me. I won't hesitate to fire them and never look back.

When I used Quotit for U65 I did pick up a few folks direct. Most bought BX. SUCKER!!!

It would be nice to have a system like Bevo where thousands of people go to his sites every day and buy without ever talking to him. But I don't have his advertising budget, rumored to be over $250k per year, to generate sales.

Nice guy. Spends most of the time posting pics on FB of where he is vacationing with his family that week. He even makes sales while he sleeps.

What a country!

yakov-smirnoff.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, we both know that answer. My only point to this is optimization. When you have someone entering fictitious info on your site that gives them a crappy quote, do you think they call you or the site that gives them a better quote? QuoteIT offers direct enroll with your agent number for a number of carriers. Not sure that would ever happen but would be nice.

Well I know we average close to a 30% CR when we're firing on all cylinders. I have friends who own very large agencies and they're at 16% currently, so I can say this much, if you call your leads and implement good email marketing, AND you're good at your craft of sales and follow up then I really don't think it matters enough to spend a great deal more on a different quote engine. Or even testing it.

If they're entering fictious info they're probably going direct.

I think it's splitting hairs to focus on who might "call in" vs who won't, but that's just me. I'm far more concerned with how many visitors I can get, combined with how many drop their info in to get a quote. Then we call out, try to hit our desired CR, and profit. Call ins are icing on the cake IMO, and you'll get them either way if the site is done properly and your follow up and email correspondence is tight.

Well I know we average close to a 30% CR when we're firing on all cylinders. I have friends who own very large agencies and they're at 16% currently, so I can say this much, if you call your leads and implement good email marketing, AND you're good at your craft of sales and follow up then I really don't think it matters enough to spend a great deal more on a different quote engine. Or even testing it.

If they're entering fictious info they're probably going direct.

I think it's splitting hairs to focus on who might "call in" vs who won't, but that's just me. I'm far more concerned with how many visitors I can get, combined with how many drop their info in to get a quote. Then we call out, try to hit our desired CR, and profit. Call ins are icing on the cake IMO, and you'll get them either way if the site is done properly and your follow up and email correspondence is tight.

No doubt follow up sequence is key.

That's all? Slacker.

The problem was, I put 150% effort into getting those.

Lose lose.

----------

It would be nice to have a system like Bevo where thousands of people go to his sites every day and buy without ever talking to him. But I don't have his advertising budget, rumored to be over $250k per year, to generate sales.

Nice guy. Spends most of the time posting pics on FB of where he is vacationing with his family that week. He even makes sales while he sleeps.

There you go mixing up numbers again. It's my country club membership that's $250K per year.

And I photoshop all those FB pics, that's not my family. :no:

Back