Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements     
Old 08-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #31
Guru
Chazm on Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

State: Chazm is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Chazm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements Re: Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements
Originally Posted by sman View Post
If you subscribe to CSG Actuarial you can quote all the plans on the quote engine whether contracted or not. Last I checked, AFLAC wasn't in the Med Supp business anymore (at least not here in Georgia). Also, State Farm is on their quote engine as is American Republic. And I'm pretty sure Thrivent is on there too (they don't offer plans in Georgia so I can't check, but I know I can get contracted with them in other states and sell their Med Supp if I wanted to).

So of the list of carriers you said we can't quote, there is only one that isn't on CSG Actuarial and that's Banker's Life. Might want to get all of the facts before making statements that aren't true.
I have CSG and have yet to see Humana in my area yet, though I know they have med supps.
And Bankers Life and casualty hasn't had a med supp (at least in FL) in over 5 years. CP as I'm sure you're aware and CP is listed on there.

I don't use CSG much since I'm in fl and work primarily T65's but I'm tempted to start signing clients up with Aetna in my area. Females are only a few dollars more. More commissions, bonuses and renewals past 6 years I think but I'm worried about their price increases.

Does anyone know how they are in other states?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements
Old 08-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #32
Guru
bpenn9 on Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

State: bpenn9 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements Re: Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements
Originally Posted by Chazm View Post
I have CSG and have yet to see Humana in my area yet, though I know they have med supps.
And Bankers Life and casualty hasn't had a med supp (at least in FL) in over 5 years. CP as I'm sure you're aware and CP is listed on there.

I don't use CSG much since I'm in fl and work primarily T65's but I'm tempted to start signing clients up with Aetna in my area. Females are only a few dollars more. More commissions, bonuses and renewals past 6 years I think but I'm worried about their price increases.

5% rate increase (ACI) in UT. Put decent amount with them a couple years ago.

Last edited by bpenn9; 08-10-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #33
Guru
somarco on Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
And I photoshop all those FB pics, that's not my family.
Kinda figured. No one really knows what you look like.

Depends.

Which Aetna are you referring to?

CLI

ACL

AHL

or "big" Aetna?

And if you go back far enough you will find Genworth policies.

The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
Old 08-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #34
Guru
Chazm on Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

State: Chazm is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Chazm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by somarco View Post
Kinda figured. No one really knows what you look like.

Depends.

Which Aetna are you referring to?

CLI

ACL

AHL

or "big" Aetna?

And if you go back far enough you will find Genworth policies.
American continental insurance company. So ACIC?

They are $1 more than the king UHC AARP. More commissions, bonuses and renewals for t65 female NS
Old 08-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #35
Guru
somarco on Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
In Georgia since 2010 we have had Genworth, "big" Aetna, CLI and now AHL.

Scott may correct me, but Genworth went away in 2011 and CLI came in. They stayed until 2016 followed by AHL. CLI handed out 9% rate increases right before AHL showed up about 25% below CLI. I believe big Aetna replaced Genworth and big never was competitive.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #36
Guru

State: sman is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
sman is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by somarco View Post
In Georgia since 2010 we have had Genworth, "big" Aetna, CLI and now AHL.

Scott may correct me, but Genworth went away in 2011 and CLI came in. They stayed until 2016 followed by AHL. CLI handed out 9% rate increases right before AHL showed up about 25% below CLI. I believe big Aetna replaced Genworth and big never was competitive.
I don't recall the year Genworth went away, but everything else you said is spot on so I'm guessing you're right on the year as well.
Reply to Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum