Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

Did their test drive. Only 4 carriers in my zip, Gerber and Sentinel being 2 if that tells you anything. I like Ritter being free and the SOA option or CSG being it compares price not showing carrier trying to initiate contact with you the agent first. Quote it seems pretty robust but for $150 a month or whatever deal they give you, you would at least think it would be mobile responsive.

Limited carrier options with JHP, but so what? The site doesn't do the selling for me and the price is right.

Limited carrier options with JHP, but so what? The site doesn't do the selling for me and the price is right.

So you are optimizing your conversions when prospects go to your site and see higher priced carriers then when the look at someone elses? I know your a vet and know how to close. Not questioning that at all.

Here is the things about quote engines: you will never find one that lists all supplement carriers. Companies like State Farm, American Family, Aflac, Banker's Life, and American Republic only allow for their own captive agents to write business and don't allow brokers access to their products so you will never be able to show a prospect 100% of every supplement carrier in your market.

From my understanding the quote engine that you use is tied to your FMO and if your FMO isn't contracted to do business with a particular carrier, they are not allowed to put that carrier info on their quote engines. My FMO doesn't carry Humana and even though Humana offers Medicare supplements (their rates aren't good in my area anyway), Humana is excluded from my quote engine. My FMO is getting on board with Humana soon, but they aren't on board yet.

Last edited:
Here is the things about quote engines: you will never find one that lists all supplement carriers. Companies like Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, State Farm, American Family, Aflac, Banker's Life, and American Republic only allow for their own captive agents to write business and don't allow brokers access to their products so you will never be able to show a prospect 100% of every supplement carrier in your market.

Aflac? Yeah probably not. But showing 4 over priced carriers is not going to optimize your conversions.

Here is the things about quote engines: you will never find one that lists all supplement carriers. Companies like Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, State Farm, American Family, Aflac, Banker's Life, and American Republic only allow for their own captive agents to write business and don't allow brokers access to their products so you will never be able to show a prospect 100% of every supplement carrier in your market.

From my understanding the quote engine that you use is tied to your FMO and if your FMO isn't contracted to do business with a particular carrier, they are not allowed to put that carrier info on their quote engines. My FMO doesn't carry Humana and even though Humana offers Medicare supplements (their rates aren't good in my area anyway), Humana is excluded from my quote engine. My FMO is getting on board with Humana soon, but they aren't on board yet.

We contract to Thrivent all the time. You should strike that from your list above.

If you subscribe to CSG Actuarial you can quote all the plans on the quote engine whether contracted or not. Last I checked, AFLAC wasn't in the Med Supp business anymore (at least not here in Georgia). Also, State Farm is on their quote engine as is American Republic. And I'm pretty sure Thrivent is on there too (they don't offer plans in Georgia so I can't check, but I know I can get contracted with them in other states and sell their Med Supp if I wanted to).

So of the list of carriers you said we can't quote, there is only one that isn't on CSG Actuarial and that's Banker's Life. Might want to get all of the facts before making statements that aren't true.

Back