Contracting with Humana

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For selling their advantage plan, can you contact directly with them? If not, what FMO would you recommend?

I heard you have to go to a 3 day class.. is this still the case?

For selling their advantage plan, can you contact directly with them? If not, what FMO would you recommend?

Not sure if it's 3 days, but it is live. I didn't have to do it because I only went with PDP.

"Is face-to-face training required?
Yes. Agents who are not currently certified to sell Humana Medicare Advantage must first complete the online Delegated Pre-work module and then attend a Medicare Advantage face-to-face classroom training session to become certified."

You can call them at 800-309-3163 Monday.

Its only a 2 day class now.
I dont think you can contract direct. But you can through senior market sales. But like most FMOs, keep your expectations low with them.

I've had new agents in California and Texas attend the class in the past month, and in both cases it was a one-day class. When I first contracted with them about three years ago it was also a one-day class.

Yes, you must go to a class when you contract for the first time, but optional thereafter from year to year. Last I checked, you may indeed go "direct". I've had good luck with Advocate Health out of Florida.

I was told yesterday that there is no longer a F2F requirement. I have an agent that needed to be certified so I contacted the local manager. She told me that after doing the "regular" online certification the agent can opt for avoiding the F2F by finding the correct button to click.

Per the manager: He had an option to complete the other modules online. Most agents miss this part 

She requested that he have it "reset" to do it on Monday. I'll confirm then.

Rick

I was told yesterday that there is no longer a F2F requirement. I have an agent that needed to be certified so I contacted the local manager. She told me that after doing the "regular" online certification the agent can opt for avoiding the F2F by finding the correct button to click.

Per the manager: He had an option to complete the other modules online. Most agents miss this part 

She requested that he have it "reset" to do it on Monday. I'll confirm then.

Rick

Please do I was told I had to attend this face to face class.

Supposed to go to Atlanta Thursday, reallydon't want go deal with the traffic

Supposed to go to Atlanta Thursday, reallydon't want go deal with the traffic

Atlanta traffic sucks. The morning rush hour(s) starts at 5 am and lasts until noon. The afternoon rush hour(s) starts at noon and lasts until midnight. Other than that it isn't that bad.

Here's the answer as far as F2F. I don't believe it is state specific:

Good Morning,
I have placed .... information on the Sharepoint and Corporate should have modules 4 & 5 loaded into your agent portal by the end of business today. Once you successfully complete thosetwo modules, you are then certified to sell Humana products.

So there you have it. I contacted a local manager to get this going. I suspect anyone could do the same.

Rick

Back