Contracts with Physicisn Mutual and New Era

Contracts with Physicisn mutual and new era. Will these company contract with FL res agent?

Bob

Can't speak specifically about Physician's contracting FL agents, but we do work with a handful of agents that are Physician's Mutual agents in other states. While not entirely captive, it's our understanding that Physician expects their contracted agents to write their products first and foremost and only utilize outside carriers for products that they don't offer, or only as a last resort. Additionally, they do not utilize IMO's/MGA's, contracting agents direct to home office or through their regional managers.

As far as New Era, they are anti-Florida. They don't have products in FL and won't even appoint an agent that is a resident of Florida to sell in other states.

It's possible this has changed, but this was the case about a year ago.

Contracts with Physicisn mutual and new era. Will these company contract with FL res agent?

Bob

New Era does appoint Florida agents. I have quite a few of them in Florida that sell in other states. They will not, however, appoint anyone from the State of New York, no matter where else they're licensed.

New Era does appoint Florida agents. I have quite a few of them in Florida that sell in other states. They will not, however, appoint anyone from the State of New York, no matter where else they're licensed.

You're probably an exception, either because you lived in another state when you contracted and then moved to Florida or you were able to offer/ prove outstanding production. This was the case a year ago, and I had a call into them earlier today and I asked again because I have an agent in Florida, and they confirmed Florida and New York they don't appoint new agents with the exceptions of the above.

Im in love with New Era already;)

----------

Can't speak specifically about Physician's contracting FL agents, but we do work with a handful of agents that are Physician's Mutual agents in other states. While not entirely captive, it's our understanding that Physician expects their contracted agents to write their products first and foremost and only utilize outside carriers for products that they don't offer, or only as a last resort. Additionally, they do not utilize IMO's/MGA's, contracting agents direct to home office or through their regional managers.

You have a really nice website

You're probably an exception, either because you lived in another state when you contracted and then moved to Florida or you were able to offer/ prove outstanding production.

I do have outstanding production and I always get exceptions when needed, but have never been told they've had to make one for my agents in FL. I've been in FL since the beginning.

Last edited:
Back