Copeland Insurance Group

LVGUY

Expert
I see limited information on Copeland. Are any agents currently or previously working with them? What is the good, bad and ugly? One thing I find troubling on their website copelandgroupmarketing.com is that they offer free exclusive leads for an alotted time period only.

I believe they are in Dallas.... I was receiving mail from them persuading me to join their captive agency. When I asked agents at my current agency at that time (Amerilife - they suck and are no longer in Dallas), I heard nothing but bad things.

I believe they are in Dallas.... I was receiving mail from them persuading me to join their captive agency. When I asked agents at my current agency at that time (Amerilife - they suck and are no longer in Dallas), I heard nothing but bad things.

texaslady....Is that YOU in your picture?!?!?!

Never worked with him on any products, but Mel is a good guy. I would think he runs a pretty good shop. I don't know that you have to assign your commissions to work with him, but you probably do for the "free leads".

I see limited information on Copeland. Are any agents currently or previously working with them? What is the good, bad and ugly? One thing I find troubling on their website copelandgroupmarketing.com is that they offer free exclusive leads for an alotted time period only.

Run away from them! In my area, the employees (broker recruiters, VP Sales) are very non-committal and will not follow up on what they say that they'll do. When I was with them, the broker manager said that he would meet me at 6:30 PM and did not see me until 7:45 without calling me!! He also NEVER returned his phone calls!! I had a very hard time.

they tend to over-promise what they can do for you just to get you on board with them. Once you have signed all of their contracts, they will woefully under-deliver on their promises.
I also had a lot of trouble in getting paid some of my commissions. It took me a little over a year to get paid on one case working with their "professional" crew in Longview, Tex after I left them.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Last edited:
Copeland Group is now subcontracting under Kingdom Insurance for all Aetna and Universal business. If you don't want to work with Kingdom (who will never release you) then run from Copeland. Our experience with Copeland is that after we signed a single contract for a specialized SNP (Medicare Product) we found out that Copeland got us "reassigned" for them to be our FMO for two other carriers. With no carrier specific paperwork signed through Copeland. And now we can't get released for those carriers. BEWARE!

Latest posts

Back