Coventry/Aetna Commissions

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just received a commission statement from Coventry dated 12/22 that paid out all of my 2016 commissions in full. These are from members that have been on the plan for several years and have always paid monthly. Really needed this extra income on 2015 taxes on the last working day of the year when I can't do much to offset it.

Just received a commission statement from Coventry dated 12/22 that paid out all of my 2016 commissions in full. These are from members that have been on the plan for several years and have always paid monthly. Really needed this extra income on 2015 taxes on the last working day of the year when I can't do much to offset it.

I got one too. It has to be a mistake though. It says payment period is 12/13/2015 - 12/19/2015. In addition to that, no commissions were deposited today.

They are supposed to get back to me today, ha ha. Already about maxed out on IRA and HSA. I guess I could go buy a bunch of stamps or ink.

Pretty sure the did the same thing last year

No, they didn't. They only paid lump sum last year on business written during AEP. All of my old renewals that didn't make any changes were paid monthly & that amount varied based on the year that they came in. some earlier ones paid $16.75/mo, others paid $17.00/mo and so on.

Originally they paid out for a number of years & then people would fall off the report - they still appeared, but no commissions paid. So folks who had come on in 2008, didn't yield commissions in 2015 anymore.

I had expected my 2009 effective dates to fall off this year & they all appear - paid in full, so I guess we will be paid ongoing as stated in their training meeting.

My issue with this is having it all reported during this tax year with no warning . . . .

Ugh! . . . .

I've got the opposite problem with them. I have an improper chargeback showing and is holding up my commissions.

This has been going on since early last week. They are supposedly "working on it". They call every couple of days now to tell me they are still working to resolve the problem and it does "appear" that I am right and the chargeback is improper.:skeptical:

I've got the opposite problem with them. I have an improper chargeback showing and is holding up my commissions.

This has been going on since early last week. They are supposedly "working on it". They call every couple of days now to tell me they are still working to resolve the problem and it does "appear" that I am right and the chargeback is improper.:skeptical:

It's holding up all commissions? Surprising . . . . Usually they'd just show it & once corrected, actually pay it out. . . .but, maybe I'm wrong on that.

I just checked my Coventry site also (Aetna plans) and it shows payments for all of my new apps during AEP-I haven't been paid yet either and don't know if they can include the income for 2015, if they do it goes to my corporation and I use the accrual accounting treatment for my income so it won't matter.

It is nice to see them paying promptly, I wasn't expecting it until February.

It's holding up all commissions? Surprising . . . . Usually they'd just show it & once corrected, actually pay it out. . . .but, maybe I'm wrong on that.

I'm as earned and the chargeback is more than my as earned commissions.

They are applying the commissions to the chargeback instead of paying me. I will get them once this is resolved but they are taking their sweet time with it.

Since next week is when I get the bulk of my as earned commissions it will pay it off completely and then I will have to recover the money from them.

But they are working on it.;)

Back