Coventry Application Tracker

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
Here I was touting the latest and greatest feature that Coventry provides their agents, when "BooM".... the thing explodes! The most critical time... the last week of AEP... when clients impatiently call, wanting to know if their ap has been approved?, where is my ID card?, did they ever get my ap?, etc. etc. etc. ... and what happens? I pull up the Ap Tracker this a.m. while on the way out the door for an appointment because a client calls and wants to know if she is enrolled, and find out that the dizzy thing has dumped all my clients but one PDP!!!!

I hurriedly call the Broker Service number, wait the usual 5 minutes, only to be called by another client, and the BSU hangs up on me.... gr-r-r-r-r-r!

I called the local office and was told their computer is down and can't help me at the moment.... (I'll bet a month's commission that they use Microsoft Windows.... any takers?)

This is bad. What a poor impression is left with the client!!

I tried Coventry's app tracker this morning also. It came back with no records of any clients. I then tried it again about an hour later and it listed most of my apps and listed them as active.

AEP is ridiculous. I played along for 2006-2008 and tried to help my clients but I don't think I'll be doing this much longer. There's too much work, they give you only 45 days to help all of your clients find a new plan, then just for fun they put all of this in between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. The government has got to make some serious changes to AEP. I think when they see the results for 2009 and they start getting complaints from retiree's because no one helped them make the changes for the following year they might actually do something.

They want agents to overnight apps or fax apps within 24
hours of receiving them....what do you do when a company like AARP doesn't have faxing the app as an option. I had to overnight an AARP PDP app that cost me $15 - I think I'll make $ 20 commission....that doesn't even include my time on researching her medications on Medicare's website to find the right plan for her based on her medications and explain the plan. I think they're going to have to hire a lot more rent an agent at Medicare and the insurance companies.

I tried Coventry's app tracker this morning also. It came back with no records of any clients. I then tried it again about an hour later and it listed most of my apps and listed them as active.

AEP is ridiculous. I played along for 2006-2008 and tried to help my clients but I don't think I'll be doing this much longer. There's too much work, they give you only 45 days to help all of your clients find a new plan, then just for fun they put all of this in between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. The government has got to make some serious changes to AEP. I think when they see the results for 2009 and they start getting complaints from retiree's because no one helped them make the changes for the following year they might actually do something.

hours of receiving them....what do you do when a company like AARP doesn't have faxing the app as an option. I had to overnight an AARP PDP app that cost me $15 - I think I'll make $ 20 commission....that doesn't even include my time on researching her medications on Medicare's website to find the right plan for her based on her medications and explain the plan. I think they're going to have to hire a lot more rent an agent at Medicare and the insurance companies.

Most of my problems come from apps mailed in by clients. If they sign and date in my presence, I fax in the app and have a record. I found this more effective than hand delivering the apps, AND I LIVE ABOUT A DOZEN OR SO BLOCKS FROM COVENTRY HOME OFFICE!!!

My point is that even if all they need to do is sign and date, they will leave off the date or wait too long to mail it, or whatever....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those complaining that they aren't getting rapid response from their carrier about their application for enrollment, I ask them to write Medicare and complain about forcing the whole country to sign up within 45 days of the EOY and during the 2 heaviest holidays. I don't know how many have taken me up on this, but they get the idea.

Last edited:

AARP offers online enrollment....I know, their suppose to be there when you submit it, but....I'm not paying $15 to make $20.

I agree...AEP is ridiculous... It also throws med-supp companies w-a-y behind in issuing policies....M of O....app. written Dec. 1st...pending as of this morning. AARP...app written Dec. 8th...pending as of this morning.

As far as the app. tracker..no good if you submit PDP's through M of O.

I'm convinced...it's easier to write insurance policies then it is to get them issued and paid-on during AEP.

Now the only thing I have on app tracker are PDP,s. My PPO apps have all disappeared and my phone is ringing off the hook from clients about ID cards. I have not found a single client that has gotten their ID card and when they call Coventry, they have no record of them. The local office has a stack of apps from weeks ago that are not even input yet it seems.

This is an embarrassment to the writing agent. We are the ones that answer to the clients until the policy is issued and a card is in the clients hands. It is Dec 30 and neither has happened for any of the 50+ PPO apps I have sent in.

Now the only thing I have on app tracker are PDP,s. My PPO apps have all disappeared and my phone is ringing off the hook from clients about ID cards. I have not found a single client that has gotten their ID card and when they call Coventry, they have no record of them. The local office has a stack of apps from weeks ago that are not even input yet it seems.

This is an embarrassment to the writing agent. We are the ones that answer to the clients until the policy is issued and a card is in the clients hands. It is Dec 30 and neither has happened for any of the 50+ PPO apps I have sent in.

Man I feel for you. I figured this was going to happen. I'm sure they'll be others posting similar comments soon.

The system has too many cracks in it. Just doesn't work efficiently enough.

I tried to use the app tracker this morning and it says this feature is unavailable at this time....has anyone tried to use it today and got the same response?

It is working but only showing most of my PDP's.

I have to assume they are working on it, but it really doesn't matter at this point since it has never been up to date or accurate.

It is working but only showing most of my PDP's.

I have to assume they are working on it, but it really doesn't matter at this point since it has never been up to date or accurate.

I tried the App Tracker just a few minutes ago, and same-o, same-o. It is definitely a work in progress. It would be better if they just took it down until it is fixed.

The one good thing I have to say about it is, that it promises a nice opportunity to review your Coventry account.

The bad thing is that it is inaccurate and unreliable.

Yes coventry is in sad shape no wonder the gov is up there ass.

I have some issues with the new application tracker and it is taking forever for them to process the applications and get ID cards out, but...

Try working with some of the others and they all have bugs and issues. Ever tried to fix a problem with a Pyramid MA policy? Now that is a nightmare. At least I get to talk to someone in the USA with Coventry and most of the time they are in the same city I am in. Its not perfect, but it beats most of the competition hands down.

The government is up everyone's ass, not just Coventry, unless you know something I don't...which is very possible ;)

Back