Coventry or Humana Sneak Peak?

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone here seen a 'sneak peak' of either Humana or Coventry's MA/MAPD for 2014? I am wondering what their monthly premium and max oop will be, given that UHC has significantly raised their max oop for 2014....Thanks!

Has anyone here seen a 'sneak peak' of either Humana or Coventry's MA/MAPD for 2014? I am wondering what their monthly premium and max oop will be, given that UHC has significantly raised their max oop for 2014....Thanks!

Our agreements with MA carriers prohibit sharing 2014 plan details with anyone prior to 10/1.

Phone up one of the greedy FMOs and tell them that you're interested in contracting with coventry or Humana. Tell them that you'd like to see if the benefits are competitive for 2014. If there's a chance for them to contract with you, they'll give you what you're asking for.

Coventry in iowa is mirror of last year in iowa. Humana went crazy bad from 0 monthly premium and 4k out of pocket in network an 6k out. To $56 mth with 6700 in /10k out with no copay for hospital days 1-60 but 20% across the board for all part b and 310 deduct on drug plan

wow interesting changes from Humana....I wonder why Coventry is able to keep premiums, copays down but not the others....anyone have any insight on that?

August 25, 2013

Humana and UnitedHealth say that they will be exiting some markets, but don't say which ones. Scaling back their M.A. programs too.

Story: http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20130825/NEWS03/308259985?tags=|307|74|82
ac

Yet, some MAs like Aetna seem to be expanding into other counties that they've never been in before. At least, that's the way that it's looking in San Antonio area. About a year ago, the VP of Sales came down to San Antonio and asked a few of us what we wanted. One of the requests was that Aetna would expand into surrounding counties. Looks like they're actually doing it. He said that they were deadly serious about growing the Texas membership.

Back