Creating a Medicare Sales Seminar Strategy

I do Medicare 101 seminarsat my local library.

Do you do any advertising for these? When are you doing the 101 seminars? AEP or ROY or both?

The last page of my presentation gives all of my business info. and I let people know that if they have any questions specific to their individual circumstance they can reach me at the contact information provided.

This doesn't seem compliant to me. Can you explain further what you mean?
"At educational events, Plans/Part D Sponsors or their representatives are prohibited from the following:...
Attaching business cards or plan/agent contact information to educational materials, unless requested by the beneficiary;"
Page 49-50 Medicare Marketing Guidelines Issued 06/10/2016

Just be careful in how you word everything and make sure you are following the educational seminar guidelines to a T. I'd hate to lose my license because someone asked me a question and answered with carrier specific plans and prices vs. generalizations.
This seems like good advice to remember.

I do these seminars every month on the last Saturday of the month. I have the business info up there to let people know about my qualifications. I also start out by telling them that this is not a sales presentation and that while I do sell Medicare related insurance as my job, I felt the need to begin doing these seminars after seeing many people who had been given bad advice. Libraries are free to use. They put the seminars on their calendar which is published on their website as well as in the local paper. I also run Facebook ads to target people in my area who are in the turning 65 range outside of AEP and all above 65 during AEP. Facebook ads are relatively inexpensive compared to other ad methods I have investigated. Hope this helps.

I always file my seminars as sales event. That way I don't have to worry about getting in trouble with CMS.

Many places don't allow sales on their premises, but this way I can present all the information and provide contact information. The app can be done somewhere else if the customer wants to sign up.

The CMS definition of "educational" is more strict that anybody else's.

But even in an educational seminar you can answer plan specific questions if they ask.

I did all educational seminars for years. If you do them as educational you can get free listings in the newspaper and radio. I found them to pay off very well.

People are really just looking for someone who truely understands all this stuff. The seminars introduce them to you as that person. They drove a ton of traffic our way. Someone would always ask for my business card and then everyone in the room wanted one.

Just make sure you understand how to do them correctly because CMS shoppers were at every single one of them.

Back