CRM Usage, Functions, Necessity

BuckNasty

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've been paying for Radius Bob CRM and have just not got around to uploading any information into it since I signed up months ago. I have an excel spreadsheet that I use with what I think all the pertinent info I need for my Med Supp clients.

What functionality do you think I am missing out on by not using a CRM? What are the things that you like about using one that you find indispensable?

I've been paying for Radius Bob CRM and have just not got around to uploading any information into it since I signed up months ago. I have an excel spreadsheet that I use with what I think all the pertinent info I need for my Med Supp clients. What functionality do you think I am missing out on by not using a CRM? What are the things that you like about using one that you find indispensable?

As you talk to hundreds of people some sales and some not and you document the ounces who are on a Cigna Med sup for instance. Then three years later you are notified that Cigna is having a 14% increase in 4-weeks. How quickly and simply can you have you marketing letter or email in front of those Cigna people in your database?

How easily can you track people you have sold who have spouses that are turning 65 at later dates?

How easily can you attach documents to each contact so you can see what you did with them at a moment's notice? Lead cards, applications, etc.

How easily can you create any field that you want to track and add it to your database?

Think about when you have been at this 20-years and have thousands of names in your database, not hundreds. It's easiest to get something you like while you are starting out than to start one way and change later.

There are a LOT of great database programs out there. I think any agent not using something is insane.

----------

Ounces = ones. Damm spellcheck.

As you talk to hundreds of people some sales and some not and you document the ounces who are on a Cigna Med sup for instance. Then three years later you are notified that Cigna is having a 14% increase in 4-weeks. How quickly and simply can you have you marketing letter or email in front of those Cigna people in your database?

How easily can you track people you have sold who have spouses that are turning 65 at later dates?

How easily can you attach documents to each contact so you can see what you did with them at a moment's notice? Lead cards, applications, etc.

How easily can you create any field that you want to track and add it to your database?

Think about when you have been at this 20-years and have thousands of names in your database, not hundreds. It's easiest to get something you like while you are starting out than to start one way and change later.

There are a LOT of great database programs out there. I think any agent not using something is insane.

----------

Ounces = ones. Damm spellcheck.

That's great insight Newby. Did I see in post from the past that you are using ACT? Is that still the case?

SMAN what CRM do you use?

I've been using Agency Expert (GBS, Inc - Leading the Agency Management Software Industry since 1979 - Welcome to GBS, developers of the Agency Expert suite of products) for about 15 years. Long before some of these cloud based CRM's. One thing I love about my CRM is I can email from within the program and it keeps a record of it so I can always go back and review my correspondence with a particular client. They have other modules you can add. It can get quite costly if you add them all. There are certainly lower cost options available. If it wouldn't be such a nightmare to transfer everything, I'd consider changing to a new cloud based option.

That's great insight Newby. Did I see in post from the past that you are using ACT? Is that still the case?

I have send ACT for nearly 20-years. It's not perfect but it's very good.

The closest online database to ACT is SalesNexus. I use that in another business. Very good too but not as good as ACT.

----------

I have send ACT for nearly 20-years. It's not perfect but it's very good. The closest online database to ACT is SalesNexus. I use that in another business. Very good too but not as good as ACT.

Send= used. (Damm fat fingers on an iPhone)

As you talk to hundreds of people some sales and some not and you document the ounces who are on a Cigna Med sup for instance. Then three years later you are notified that Cigna is having a 14% increase in 4-weeks. How quickly and simply can you have you marketing letter or email in front of those Cigna people in your database? How easily can you track people you have sold who have spouses that are turning 65 at later dates? How easily can you attach documents to each contact so you can see what you did with them at a moment's notice? Lead cards, applications, etc. How easily can you create any field that you want to track and add it to your database? Think about when you have been at this 20-years and have thousands of names in your database, not hundreds. It's easiest to get something you like while you are starting out than to start one way and change later. There are a LOT of great database programs out there. I think any agent not using something is insane. ---------- Ounces = ones. Damm spellcheck.

^ ^ ^

Every Medicare agent needs to read this.

I have send ACT for nearly 20-years. It's not perfect but it's very good.

The closest online database to ACT is SalesNexus. I use that in another business. Very good too but not as good as ACT.

----------

Send= used. (Damm fat fingers on an iPhone)

ACT! also has an add on available called Act4Advisors, which is geared for financial professionals & insurance producers. I use it & find it works very well for me.

I've been using Zoho and it's been great for me. Email integration, click to call with call logging, custom modules, iphone/andriod app etc.

With a click of a button I can see who is in underwriting and when approved I simply click another button and the crm fires off a congrats email to the new client. The email template I use automatically pulls in the carrier, policy number, effective date, premium, etc from the custom fields associated to the client.

I also have it integrated with the dialer my telemarketers use so no manual lead entry needed there.

The reports function is great as I can literally search for any piece of information that has been entered such as leads I have spoken to who have a certain carrier as Newby mentioned.

Back