Damn NewEra!!! Don't Try a AOR with this Company

So I get a call from New Era, hey your client was switched to a plan F (from a plan N) by another agent. I called the client and he said he met with an agent for his part D plan and the agent switched his supp plan to the plan F. He never got the new policy from New Era, nor had the agent called to see if he had received the updated paperwork. I wedged myself after I heard that and after talking to my client he decided he wanted to stay with me.

Now I call New Era and they are telling me the AOR process is secret, agents aren't allowed to know how to do such a thing, they aren't allowed to have the form. So I asked her, hows the client supposed to notify you guys that he wants to keep me? "I can't tell you that sir"......AROUND AND AROUND.

So now I am having him call this csr marketing person up to tell her that.

Why do they have to be so difficult??

I don't know what is so secret about it. Supposedly they don't recognize AOR unless the original agent is no longer licensed. I tried to pick up a client via AOR a few months ago when they told me they thought the agent was no longer in the business. Nope, still in the business, still licensed. He get's paid, not me.

Sounds like a great reason to rewrite the client with another company. Just let New Era tell her that she can't keep you as an agent on her New Era policy.

Which department were you talking to? There is one lady that goes in more circles than NASCAR and doesn't like to transfer you to anyone else that might be able to shed more light.

EDIT: Saw you mentioned marketing. That is who I was thinking of. Try again with new business and see if you can get an answer.

So I get a call from New Era, hey your client was switched to a plan F (from a plan N) by another agent. I called the client and he said he met with an agent for his part D plan and the agent switched his supp plan to the plan F. He never got the new policy from New Era, nor had the agent called to see if he had received the updated paperwork. I wedged myself after I heard that and after talking to my client he decided he wanted to stay with me.

Now I call New Era and they are telling me the AOR process is secret, agents aren't allowed to know how to do such a thing, they aren't allowed to have the form. So I asked her, hows the client supposed to notify you guys that he wants to keep me? "I can't tell you that sir"......AROUND AND AROUND.

So now I am having him call this csr marketing person up to tell her that.

Why do they have to be so difficult??

New Era to my understanding doesn't inform the agent when a med supp is canceled. At least that's what they told me. I didn't know a particular client of mine had canceled until 9 months after, when I called my client to check in, etc.

New Era publishes reports every month showing premium status and late notices. You have to log in to see this information.

New Era publishes reports every month showing premium status and late notices. You have to log in to see this information.

It's funny, agent support didn't tell me that. But on my own, I eventually found that out once logged in.

Back