Darn Aetna, You Ruined My Plans!

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
Here was my theory: My father, the last remaining Medicare Advantage Client I have, is on the Coventry PPO Plan in Dekalb County. The premium went from $0 to $19 a month. My hope was that they did this to discourage people from signing up with this plan for 2015, so they can ditch it in 2016.

After all, Aetna has the same identical plan at $0 a month.

My idea was, when Aetna ditched the plan, my father would get a GI into Medicare Supplement land.

Well, went to a Aetna First Look meeting today at The Waverly Hotel, and had the boom lowered on me. Not only are they keeping the plan, they are raising the monthly premium. So much for my plan.

So, my question is: Do I move my dad to another MA plan, or keep him where he is in hopes that they ditch it next year?

:1mad:

If your dad likes the plan he has, and doesnt mind the plan changes, then leave him where he is.

If he doesnt like it, then change him to another MA plan....

I know that's pretty basic, but sometimes you gotta remember to keep it simple...

Here was my theory: My father, the last remaining Medicare Advantage Client I have, is on the Coventry PPO Plan in Dekalb County. The premium went from $0 to $19 a month. My hope was that they did this to discourage people from signing up with this plan for 2015, so they can ditch it in 2016.

My idea was, when Aetna ditched the plan, my father would get a GI into Medicare Supplement land.

Well, went to a Aetna First Look meeting today at The Waverly Hotel, and had the boom lowered on me. Not only are they keeping the plan, they are raising the monthly premium. So much for my plan.

So, my question is: Do I move my dad to another MA plan, or keep him where he is in hopes that they ditch it next year?

that's a GI opportunity when an advantage plan ends?????????---------didn't know that and not sure I see the logic//// must be some qualifiers for that

Not to sound...like a jerk.

But how on earth could we answer that? You have a license and you are not new.

Look at all of his options and find a good fit...look at meds, network, etc. No need to ask the forum.

Need help with anything else? Perhaps we can give you insight on where to go for lunch tomorrow...

we obviously I haven't been a Sup guy but i'm more surprised by the second part of that one-------------one can actually create a GI situation for themselves by moving away from where their present plan operates

I am sure we could get in trouble just telling somebody that though.

we obviously I haven't been a Sup guy but i'm more surprised by the second part of that one-------------one can actually create a GI situation for themselves by moving away from where their present plan operates

or maybe he can get a sep by filing a complaint against his agent

Back