Dental Insurance

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I wil be meeting with a client (65years old) in a few weeks that has expressed the need for dental and vision insurance. Don't know much about it. I realize some MA programs have it embedded in them.

But what can you get as stand alone ? I looked at a Medicio Brochure...dental, vision, hearing...$1500 annual max..looked liked % paid was phased in starting at 60% and going upmeach year for 3 years..after $100 deductible...around $41 per month...is this typical ?

I like DentalPlans.com and Assurant for stand alone plans. Some of the DP plans may have vision, I don't know, do a search for Georgia and read up on what is available in your area. They both give you a webpage but the DP one is much better.

DentalPlans.com

Assurant

If they want dental insurance, either Assurant or Humana. Vision insurance, Humana is the only one that has a true insured plan.

FreshBenies has a good discount package.

Be careful with dental plans. Do not over sell it. If anything I let people know they mostly suck. For instance, I have a UHC dental plan and got quoted on a root canal $1700 with insurance. If a client gets quoted that they will not be happy

Take a look at Spirit Dental...go up to $3500 max with no waiting period. Also, use any dentist.

Not cheap but good coverage. They also have vision coverage as well.

Take a look at Spirit Dental...go up to $3500 max with no waiting period. Also, use any dentist.

Not cheap but good coverage. They also have vision coverage as well.

I checked them out a few months ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember they pay around 7 bucks a sale? I wouldn't watch a rat play with a football for 7 bucks.

Be careful with dental plans. Do not over sell it. If anything I let people know they mostly suck. For instance, I have a UHC dental plan and got quoted on a root canal $1700 with insurance. If a client gets quoted that they will not be happy

I got 4 porcelain crowns and a root canal in Los Algodones for less. US trained Dentist. My sister lives nearby so no hotels. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend Mexico, but it worked out great for me. Thousands of seniors down there. Dental care is the US is just totally out of control.

Back