Difference Between a General Agent and a Special Agent?

Special agent means they pack heat, agent no gun

Nope. Special Agent means that they are empowered to enforce only certain laws. General Agent may enforce any law.

Your local Sheriff is a general agent. He can enforce any law within his jurisdiction. The FBI agent is not, same for the DEA, etc. Although, most federal law enforcement officers do have fairly broad powers so as to suggest Special Agent isn't the right title for them.

I was told that the Special Agent pages relates to assigning commissions to a corporation, if applicable. I just threw those pages out since they don't apply in my case.

The New Era contracting package I received from a different marketer is similar. It has additional "Sales Representative" paperwork to fill out if you are licensing a corporation but it doesn't apply otherwise.

Some agents will sign their name to anything. One of the FMO's I deal with never sends advance forms with any Med Supp contract for that reason. They have no problem with doing advances, but they had so much trouble with agents sending that form in without reading it and then turning around and complaining that they didn't want advances.

I was told that the Special Agent pages relates to assigning commissions to a corporation, if applicable. I just threw those pages out since they don't apply in my case.

The New Era contracting package I received from a different marketer is similar. It has additional "Sales Representative" paperwork to fill out if you are licensing a corporation but it doesn't apply otherwise.

Some agents will sign their name to anything. One of the FMO's I deal with never sends advance forms with any Med Supp contract for that reason. They have no problem with doing advances, but they had so much trouble with agents sending that form in without reading it and then turning around and complaining that they didn't want advances.

Come on really....They had people complain about not wanting advances on Med Supps? I think the real reason is they would prefer to not have the exposure of the advances unless someone takes the time to ask for it.

Come on really....They had people complain about not wanting advances on Med Supps? I think the real reason is they would prefer to not have the exposure of the advances unless someone takes the time to ask for it.

That could well be part of it. But I've also known agents stupid or careless enough to basically sign anything that they think they need to in order to get contracted, just like many click through license agreements for software, etc. And I'm not just referring to newbies who get drawn into NAA or Parker. Congressmen don't read the bills they vote on and agents often don't read their contracts.

Back