Do Any Medigap Carriers Have Real Underwriters?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Or do they just hire people that read the manual to you?

hello-my-name-is-peggy.jpg

I am probably jaded. Over the years I have run into way too many people with the underwriter title that will answer your question by saying "According to the manual".

Hell, I can read. I called for a decision based on a knowledge of risk based underwriting.

Always had good experience with MOO and Philadelphia American.

I don't even bother with AmCon anymore, the party line is verbatim: "send'em in, we will consider it..."

Oxford Life has a dedicated UW for Med Supps now. They've tightened up now, but they were straying from the guide for a while.

I will never call into Oxford for a prescreen anymore. I called in 2 or 3 times about diabetics and they say don't even try it and then I talk to other agents who just send the app in and get it approved with the same conditions they told me was a no. They wouldn't even accept diabetes with BP meds. Hate that company for supps...

I will never call into Oxford for a prescreen anymore. I called in 2 or 3 times about diabetics and they say don't even try it and then I talk to other agents who just send the app in and get it approved with the same conditions they told me was a no. They wouldn't even accept diabetes with BP meds. Hate that company for supps...

Amanda was lenient for a while...no more.

Equitable's good for diabetes/heart, but if they're on insulin Equitable's not competitive on price.

I called Cigna, sitting with a prospect who has future cataract surgery, wait and see situation. My first for this. Not ok with Cigna. With UHC, which would not be price competitive for this person, I think this might also meet the knockout question. Or is it that until the doc says, ok, it's time, then surgery has not been recommended. Cigna's question is "anticipated", in addition to recommended.
I don't know if this is a thing to be evaluated, or just a no go if someday the person will need he surgery.
Oh, she also told me MoO would take her. Not sure they have gone through the questions, but are calling her a lot.

Look at the specific wording. Some conditions, including cataracts, are such that the doc may say "some day you might need surgery" which is completely different from "we can schedule the surgery when you are ready"

Back