Do Many of You Sell Plan N?

Since every situation is different, only a fool would have a favorite plan.

I take into account the premium differential between Plans F and N and recommend the best value. If Plan D was cost effective here, I would recommend that.

Part of being a professional is to do help the prospect/client see what is the best use of premium dollars, not to sell a favorite plan.

Rick

In TN, there is actually a plan N that is probably my favorite plan to sell, making me Ricks ***. :)

AARP has a plan N here that starts around 80 dollars, is GI till age 68, community rated instead of attained age, and caps out at about 120 dollars at age 75, and comes with Silversneakers. It's also priced out suitably for Under65, as the cheapest disability supplement in the state with decent benefits.

On top of all that, it also pays the best commission of any plan N in the state at age 65, because aarp does their commissions at a flat $205, and because the premium on most N plans is so low at 65, the commission average is a few dollars less than AARP is with most other carriers.

Sometimes situationally an F or G makes more sense based on the clients health or other things, but if someone said, pick your favorite plan in the state, it would be the AARP N for me.

Thanks for calling me an fool Rick. I guess what I am really saying here, after doing a needs assessment, is I normally have one plan that I do enroll peeps in more than others. I have a lot of peeps that simply like the Plan F because they don't have any other charges with Hospital or Drs. Then, some are perfectly happy with Plan B. I was just asking an opinion about N.

I like the N's in NC. BCBS up here will let us roll people from an N to an F without health questions if it's in house, so I like to start them with N.

T-65 I like going the N route, since they are new to medicare, and haven't had an F for 10 yrs and think it's the only way to go.

I probably sell more F's than anything though, simply because its easier to lower premiums going F to F and the customer doesn't mind. Have had a ton of customers that think they are losing out by going from F to N even if they haven' t been to the doctor in 5 yrs. Sometimes its easier to sell them what they want than mathematically what is the best plan for them

Thanks for calling me an fool Rick. I guess what I am really saying here, after doing a needs assessment, is I normally have one plan that I do enroll peeps in more than others. I have a lot of peeps that simply like the Plan F because they don't have any other charges with Hospital or Drs. Then, some are perfectly happy with Plan B. I was just asking an opinion about N.

Like he said, only a fool would have a favorite plan. Might want to stop while you're ahead
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Plan B? What agent prefers plan B? You lost any remaining credibility with that asinine comment.

Last edited:
I enjoy selling the plan N, especially when I run into a person carrying a plan G. I tell them if they don't mind paying a small copay for doctors visits (or emergency room) they can usually save 300-400 dollars a year.
For most seniors that already have a plan F, I do not go in to much with other plans, just try to cut their plan F premiums.

Back