Do You Like Your Job?

The problem there is that you still aren't working for yourself. You answer to the customer. You answer to the companies for whom you write. If you're married you answer to your wife and kids for being unavailable for fourteen hours a day (maybe).

When I drove Uber it was an incredible feeling of being my own boss. I was in charge answered to noone.

Then my passenger said turn left.

That's not you. That's Wayne Campbell. Is Garth your photographer?

That was probably not long after I got rid of my mullet hair.

Boy I hope that style comes back soon. I could rock a good mullet.

Wasn't that the one and only occurrence of something like that? I'm sure you've learned to cook up meth much more safely now. :goofy:

Scott got smart. He no longer is in manufacturing, just management. He's got plenty of worker bees to do the manufacturing and distribution.

8d0708794d9902c7dc0800cc459edbc8.jpg

Wasn't that the one and only occurrence of something like that? I'm sure you've learned to cook up meth much more safely now. :goofy:

Well you know how gas stations have a little sign saying to turn your ignition off before filling your gas tank?

The tank I filled from at the Honda dealership was an above ground gravity feed. And when your tank was full it didn't automatically shut off the gas. It will just keep on running out. So we left our ignition in the on position so we could watch our fuel gauge as it filled up and then get out and turn it off.

That seemed to work fine for about 19 years. But boy that last time it didn't go so well. When the tank was full when I got up to pull the handle out of the gas filler I was full of static electricity and I still have the ignition key on and a big spark jumps off my finger right to my car hits the gas fumes and Ka-boom!! It went fast. That van in that picture only had about 10,000 miles on it.

So my advice is never leave your key in the on position when getting gas.

Last edited:
Yes your boss is the customer, but that is with anything in life. Without customers you have no income or you have no job.

Yes you answer to the insurance carriers as well, but the guys here forgot the major entity you answer to and they are the most important: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services otherwise known as CMS and you answer to your State Office of the Commissioner of Insurance otherwise known as the OCI. CMS regulates your pay for Part C and Part D commissions and marketing and the OCI regulates your competency that you are doing your job correctly. Both of these government entities can suspend and revoke your Health Insurance license and end your residuals and career immediately.

That is the point of getting a license is so the government has total control over us all. If you are a libertarian or an anarchist you may have problems handling this.

This industry was a dream career to be in until 2009. CMS created 150 anti-agent marketing and selling regulations that year. CMS gave us the Scope of Appointment form, made selling C and D over the phone illegal, standardized and in most cases greatly reduced commissions for C and D plans sold, enrollment periods for Part C plans, and so many regulations on marketing C and D that will make your head spin. Many Medicare agents that weren't established prior to 2009 left the industry since then and went into different insurance careers or left the insurance industry all together.

Then in 2011 Congress passed legislation forcing all MA carriers to institute networks with their MA plans and that was the start to the end of PFFS MA plans which agents preferred to sell because PFFS MA paid exactly the same fee schedule that Original Medicare did to healthcare providers and agents could sell a stand alone PDP plan on top of that and made commission selling separate C and D policies. With MA or MAPD PPO and HMO plans the commission is identical, so you make no extra money selling the Part D with MAPD plans.

Last edited:
Back