DOB 1/26/50... is She Still in Open Enrollment for Med Supp?

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am confused here... the applications all ask "did you turn 65 in the last 6 months?" the answer should technically be yes, but her part B date was 1/1/15 which has just passed 6 months ago.

Is she still eligible for the 6 mths open enrollment on Med Supp? This is in KY.

No
They have the month of their b day 3 mos before or after

not true that is for advantage and part D. Med supp OE is different and is 6 months before and 6 months after Part B eff date. What confuses me here is her DOB which is in the past 6 months but yet I think she is outside of OE?

not true that is for advantage and part D. Med supp OE is different and is 6 months before and 6 months after Part B eff date. What confuses me here is her DOB which is in the past 6 months but yet I think she is outside of OE?

The trigger date is 1/1. She won't get "lucky" for being born on the 13th... the period is 6 full months. Not more. Not less.

For Medigap initial enrollment the 6 months starts the month Part B is effective. Age is not an issue (assuming we are talking about 65 or older).

I wrote a lady a few months ago, age 74, just retired and applied for Part B effective March 1. Wrote Medigap (no health questions) for a 3/1 eff date.

This of course assumes she did NOT get he 1/1/15 part B date due to disability.

ie, part B starts 1/1, turn 65 on 4/13, then yes, she is in open enrollment....

I doubt that is the case... but its a possibility and you didn't specify if she T65 in Jan...

For Medigap initial enrollment the 6 months starts the month Part B is effective. Age is not an issue (assuming we are talking about 65 or older).

I wrote a lady a few months ago, age 74, just retired and applied for Part B effective March 1. Wrote Medigap (no health questions) for a 3/1 eff date.

Are you sure on that one? In that case I believe she would have 63 days instead of 6 months. Either way the one you did was OK.

Are you sure on that one? In that case I believe she would have 63 days instead of 6 months. Either way the one you did was OK.

63 days from the time her group covg terminated if she had Part B longer than 6 months (such as when she turned 65).

She had A only since T65 and signed up for B a couple of months prior to retiring.

Back