Does Any Company Offer Med Supp Plan G in GI Situation?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Texas. I found a 66 yr old female who has a Mutual of Omaha Plan G. She told me that it was $114/mo, I think. . She is in a Trial Right situation since I am dis enrolling her from a UHC HMO that some joker put her on. Because she thought that Plan G would supplement her HMO, she kept paying on it. If I can't find her something cheaper, that's Ok too. She needs to stay on a Supp since she has had kidney dialysis in her past and only exists because of a successful kidney transplant from her son. The anti-rejection Rx ALONE covered thru Part B total $100/mo on her HMO. I'm just glad that she still has that Supp to fall back on and an SEP to get a stand-alone Part D plan.

Texas. I found a 66 yr old female who has a Mutual of Omaha Plan G. She told me that it was $114/mo, I think. . She is in a Trial Right situation since I am dis enrolling her from a UHC HMO that some joker put her on. Because she thought that Plan G would supplement her HMO, she kept paying on it. If I can't find her something cheaper, that's Ok too. She needs to stay on a Supp since she has had kidney dialysis in her past and only exists because of a successful kidney transplant from her son. The anti-rejection Rx ALONE covered thru Part B total $100/mo on her HMO. I'm just glad that she still has that Supp to fall back on and an SEP to get a stand-alone Part D plan.
You could really help her out by helping her get a refund on the med sup premiums she paid while having both.

I've seen some get refunds in this situation.

However why mess with it. the only plan you can GI is Plan F, She is on dialysis, she has a good plan now, and a decent rate. I know mutual with rates but the same thing who knows what will happen to rates on the plan F as 2020 comes closer.

This woman won't see 2020

Maybe but still Unless you can get plan F for same price, with a carrier that does not require a letter from MA, IDK,other then that why mess with it, GI half commission could be issues, $114 would be hard to match in most area's But I have seen it some places

I believe if it has been has been more than 12 month ( beyond her open enrollment) since she turned 65 then she she wouldn't have a trial period GI because technically she never dropped her med supp.With some carriers such as AARP/UHC they will extend this trial period for another 12 months however it will still be complicated because of the replacement questions and form required for the new med supp.

I've seen some get refunds in this situation.

However why mess with it. the only plan you can GI is Plan F, She is on dialysis, she has a good plan now, and a decent rate. I know mutual with rates but the same thing who knows what will happen to rates on the plan F as 2020 comes closer.

She is NOT on Dialysis now, but potentially could be? Who knows? I wouldn't even try if there wasn't a SERIOUS benefit to her, and Plan F rates would be much higher. I'll have to settle for my piddly ass Part D $58 commission. Hee Hee.

That can be done?

If she went Plan G to start with MOO when T65, then went MAPD, if within the first year she can return to her original plan she had before the MAPD. So there's your Plan G, GI and everything for ya.

You can try to show proof of coverage of the MAPD to MOO and request a refund. Then get her back to the Plan G through the trial right ASAP (which you only get paid on if you were the original agent).

Back