Does Anyone Have Info on Senior Life Services?

bw09908

I had posted a question trying to find out if Senior Life Services is a legitimate company. I found some bad stuff posted on this site but all of them were back in like 08. I mean I know there is no perfect company out there and I know no matter what you do to be successful you have to work hard. I just want to make sure they are not a scam.

I have an interview tomorrow with Senior Life Services, a company based out of Vero Beach Fla.

From what I am seeing they seem to be a fairly good company. They have an At BBB rating and when you Google them, very little bad stuff comes up other than a few bad posts on this site but they are all from back in 08. Does anyone know much about them? I can't afford to go down the wrong road so to speak.

Thanks for any info you have.

Brad

They are cool if you want to work for 35% commission. They are even cooler if you want to build an agency that produces $250,000 per month in premium to work to the top commission level of 70%. They try to "wow" agents by paying for you to go to Florida and giving you a rental car while you're there. I heard their speel but passed. Dude told me how he produces like 10K per month but he's only on a 45 or 50% commission. They seem like a really old school agency to me.

They are cool if you want to work for 35% commission. They are even cooler if you want to build an agency that produces $250,000 per month in premium to work to the top commission level of 70%. They try to "wow" agents by paying for you to go to Florida and giving you a rental car while you're there. I heard their speel but passed. Dude told me how he produces like 10K per month but he's only on a 45 or 50% commission. They seem like a really old school agency to me.

Anything new from anyone. Latest I have is 50%. Dated card leads and they want your last two years tax returns with the application.
Looks like a 1099 job where you're treated like an employee.

They also make you cancel ALL of your appointed carriers as well before you contract with them. It doesn't even matter if you do ltc, health or any other product.

Anything new from anyone. Latest I have is 50%. Dated card leads and they want your last two years tax returns with the application.
Looks like a 1099 job where you're treated like an employee.

He is correct. I fell for their program. They are a good group of people in Florida, from what I could tell. They do have a marketing plan and you must drink the kool aid and do it their way. They are well rated and provide good service. The field manager had a lot to be desired (7 months insurance experience). He got the good leads in areas of higher income, I got stuck marketing in the local projects. Daily pep rallies, group texts, and reporting requirements are a given.

The program direct mails to prospects promising them FREE "this and that" to get a return lead card. They give you the leads for "free". 95% returned the card just to get the free stuff and show you the door when you try to discuss insurance.

The people they market are VERY low income Medicaid and Medicare. It's hard to sell insurance to a person on $700 month income, with holes in their floor, unable to afford their medication, and eating at the community center. If you do sell them, the first time you come between them and there beer or cigs they drop your policy.

My manager wanted the one call, hard close. 50% commissions to start and you can't get above 70% without recruiting sub-producers. They only have three or four carriers and you have to drop all other carriers to marry them. If you decide to leave, you better not want to write for the carriers for a year. They will hold your company appointments hostage.

Oh yeah, if you leave after a month or so, you will find out that those "free" leads will now cost you money when they send you a certified letter & bill.

Joining Senior Life Services was one of the worst business decisions I have ever made. This agency has extremely high turnover because their leads are very bad and you are going to start at a 50% commission rate, but this is funny money because they hold back 20% of this money for charge back protection. They are only interested in protecting themselves. Do not waste your time. The only people that are making money are the managers and the owners.

----------

Senior Life Services uses bait and switch sales tactics. People are responding to a lead card about a free prescription discount card, but it says nothing about final expense insurance. You only switch to insurance when you are in the door and many people feel deceived. They mail to the lowest income zip codes so expect a lot of no shows, cancelled appointments, no bank accounts, Medicaid debit cards that are not ACH draft eligible, etc. most of the prospects that you talk to do not have a penny to their name. The discount card is worthless. Tried to use it at a couple of pharmacies and it was rejected. Do not waste your time with this company.

----------

My field manager was one of the most unprofessional people I have ever been around. Listened to his presentation and heard him say some things that we're not only dishonest, but unethical. I felt like on a few occasions that he was doing anything that he could to make the sale. You can not tell someone that smokes that you are not going to put that on the application in order to get them a lower rate for nonsmokers and this was a manager.

----------

Ask your recruiter one simple question to find out what I am talking about. Ask your recruiter, "what is your agent attrition rate?" You will learn that it is very high. If this is such a great company, then why are people leaving in droves. They leave because they are slaving away and not making any money.

Pass on this one. Not only will they screw you on commissions, they also do not

----------

Respect confidentiality. Very low class operation.

Back