Does anyone on Here Sell 3-5 Med Sups a Week Yr Round?

sirherbie

Guru
1000 Post Club
I really can't recall reading anyone who just started from day 1 selling 3-5 med sups a week yr round? It just seems med sups are part time selling for 3-5 yrs till it builds up and you're making $100k plus a yr

I really can't recall reading anyone who just started from day 1 selling 3-5 med sups a week yr round? It just seems med sups are part time selling for 3-5 yrs till it builds up and you're making $100k plus a yr

It certainly is possible if you have a system in place. I was watching a webinar recently for a carrier and the person giving the webinar said there is an agent in Missouri who had written $800,000 in Med Supp premium the prior year with that carrier. If the average premium was $1,600 that's 500 Med Supps.

I have no idea what her system is. And it's possible she had built up a large book over time and just replaced a good bit of it with this one carrier.

I guess what i'm asking are there any guys on here who sell med supps day in and day out face to face running direct mail yr round?

I don't think it is possible from day 1. That being said, with a good telemarketer and referral base it is possible.

I guess what i'm asking are there any guys on here who sell med supps day in and day out face to face running direct mail yr round?

I don't do direct mail and rarely do face to face anymore (at least not for Med Supps). I only do business by referral now. I guess if I had a small book of business I'd be hitting it hard. I'm confident there are plenty writing 3-5 per week. I probably average 2-3 per week at this point. But again, that's with zero marketing. Keep in mind, this doesn't mean I write 2-3 every week. I may have some weeks where I write 8-10 (like during AEP) and some where I write none. But I probably write between 100-150 per year.

All this talk has me reconsidering things. Maybe I'll hire a telemarketer and start really going after it again. I've gotten kinda lazy.

Since I got a telemarketer in May I would write 2-3 each week. That's from 10 hours of telemarketing. But I got lucky and have someone really good.

I've lent her out much of this year but will restart in a couple of weekS.

Rick

When I started I sold 30 in 90 days door knocking and sending mailers, I wrote 109 new policies for that year.My first month was a July so aep wasn't a factor. You'll likely never see 100k per year doing this part time. 6 years later I'm writting about 250 per year.

Since I got a telemarketer in May I would write 2-3 each week. That's from 10 hours of telemarketing. But I got lucky and have someone really good.

I've lent her out much of this year but will restart in a couple of weekS.

Rick

Greensky, I am curious....with so many people on the do-not-call list, how can you get much business using telemarketing? Are there enough names to call to keep the telemarketer busy? And what ages do you mainly target? Thanks for any info you can share as I would also like to hire a telemarketer...

Back