Does Bronchitis

KidsGotHeart

Guru
100+ Post Club
I got an 82 female with bronchitis who is being treated with, a nebulizer for a short period of time. Does this mean she is a no go for New Era?

Any chance with any company? What about after treatment is done and the bronchitis is cleared up?

Last edited:
Any chance with any company? What about after treatment is done and the bronchitis is cleared up?

If she's using a nebulizer for the bronchitis, then it's probably chronic which would put it in the same category as COPD. Companies don't like it when people are on oxygen or use a nebulizer. Maybe after it's been 2 years since the use of a nebulizer. Blue Cross would be your best bet...not cheap, but GI in many states.

A nebulizer does not necessarily mean chronic, I have been on a neb a few times in my life as has my son. If the bronchitis is real deep into the lung tissue then the nebulizer reaches it easier and faster then taking an antibiotic in pill form.
Ask the doctors office for a letter of explanation and send it in with the app.

A nebulizer does not necessarily mean chronic, I have been on a neb a few times in my life as has my son. If the bronchitis is real deep into the lung tissue then the nebulizer reaches it easier and faster then taking an antibiotic in pill form.
Ask the doctors office for a letter of explanation and send it in with the app.

you have time to do that kind of legwork? way too much trouble. you could easily write someone else in the time wasted doing that sort of thing. no guarantee that would even help if the carrier says it a decline.

you have time to do that kind of legwork? way too much trouble. you could easily write someone else in the time wasted doing that sort of thing. no guarantee that would even help if the carrier says it a decline.

It would be pointless to do the legwork anyway since it asks on the app if you use a nebulizer or inhalers...

Back