Does Las Vegas Have a Good Senior Market?

Roy2015

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Nevada
Hi guys...I am currently living in Las Vegas and I have been talking to an FMO about selling medicare supps. I'm just wondering if any of you know anything about this type of market in Las Vegas. I am a little skeptical simply b/c Las Vegas just doesn't seem like the place people would like to retire at. I mean I know there is more to Las Vegas than the strip and UNLV but still makes me wonder how big the market is here. If any of you have any experience in this market please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Hi guys...I am currently living in Las Vegas and I have been talking to an FMO about selling medicare supps. I'm just wondering if any of you know anything about this type of market in Las Vegas. I am a little skeptical simply b/c Las Vegas just doesn't seem like the place people would like to retire at. I mean I know there is more to Las Vegas than the strip and UNLV but still makes me wonder how big the market is here. If any of you have any experience in this market please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Infofree shows about 1,200 T65 per month over next two years in Clark County (80% in LV). That's enough seniors to succeed with the right marketing.

Clark county has an over 38% MA penetration rate. Might want to target other counties if you're focusing on supps.

Clark county has an over 38% MA penetration rate. Might want to target other counties if you're focusing on supps.
So are you talking about a penetration rate for just medicare advantage here or are you talking about med supps and medicare advantage? I'm wondering because I have been talking with an FMO that seems to be focusing on medicare advantage. So do you think it would be wise to pursue a contract with them or no?

So are you talking about a penetration rate for just medicare advantage here or are you talking about med supps and medicare advantage? I'm wondering because I have been talking with an FMO that seems to be focusing on medicare advantage. So do you think it would be wise to pursue a contract with them or no?

MA plans really have a 6 week enrollment period except for T65. You can write med supps in Clark County but the real "stats" are more like:

38% have Medicare Advantage
20% Medicare and Medicaid (duals)
10% Retiree Plans (this is a WAG)

That leaves you with about less than 1 in 3 people that you might be able to move to a better priced plan - assuming they're healthy enough.

Can you do it? Absolutely. Will you go broke for 3 years? Absolutely.

More important than "is it a good senior market" is "what marketing plan do I have to write business."

Yeah, this is tough love but since I'm not an FMO I won't blow smoke up your a$$.

Rick

Thanks for an honest answer Rick. I really want to start selling med supps b/c I know if I stick with it, the rewards could be good a few years from now. Do you think I should focus on something else and jus do the med supps on the side? How about over the phone? Should I go with Chris Westfall and join his site. I know he focuses on selling over the phone. If I went with this FMO my plan would be to sell Med Advan and cross sell FE. Idk. What are some options for breaking in to the medicare business considering I'm living in Clark county.

Also, if you don't mind...Where are the best medicare sup markets? I might be willing to relocate if the market is good enough. What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help here.

----------

What about Florida? I am originally from there. Will be moving back there a some point I'm sure. There is a huge market there correct? Thanks guys for any response.

Thanks for an honest answer Rick. I really want to start selling med supps b/c I know if I stick with it, the rewards could be good a few years from now. Do you think I should focus on something else and jus do the med supps on the side? How about over the phone? Should I go with Chris Westfall and join his site. I know he focuses on selling over the phone. If I went with this FMO my plan would be to sell Med Advan and cross sell FE. Idk. What are some options for breaking in to the medicare business considering I'm living in Clark county.

Also, if you don't mind...Where are the best medicare sup markets? I might be willing to relocate if the market is good enough. What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help here.

----------

What about Florida? I am originally from there. Will be moving back there a some point I'm sure. There is a huge market there correct? Thanks guys for any response.

You should check out Ricks signature lol, he may be the "one" you need to look at. He is helping you and he will be brutally honest, check out his membership program.

If I went with this FMO my plan would be to sell Med Advan and cross sell FE.

Chris doesn't write MAPD.

I might be willing to relocate if the market is good enough

If you can sell over the phone you don't need to relocate.

What about Florida?

From what I have read, much of FL is MAPD and mostly AARP/UHC. Blue is also dominant but they don't allow brokers.

Our beloved Frank Stastny relocated to FL a short time before he died. Frank was a Medigap man all the way.

Thanks again Rick, John, and Somarco. All of your responses have helped. I know Rick has a training site. But after Rick's post about selling in Clark county I started thinking that I would need to sell over the phone tho. And I know that is how Chris Westfall sells and trains you to sell. I also know that Chris Westfall offers contracts as well. Idk. I'll probably join both sites here real soon as they are def affordable and I'm sure they both offer excellent advice.

Hey Somarco...I see you are from Georgia...That is where I have my residence license. If I go the telesales route... I would like to start calling there first as this way I would not have to get a non-residence license just yet. What do you think of the medicare market in GA? Would that be a good place for me to start you think?

Back