Does UHC Require Underwriting to Go from Plan N to F?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I read on another forum that UHC will not require an existing Plan N to UNDERGO UNDERWRITING when they request upgrade to Plan F. Is this right? Any waiting period?

I read on another forum that UHC will not require an existing Plan N to UNDERGO UNDERWRITING when they request upgrade to Plan F. Is this right? Any waiting period?

This is true for AARP branded UHC Medicare supplements. I am not sure if it is true for non-AARP branded UHC supplements. And I only speak for the state of Florida. I suppose it could be different from state to state. maybe you can verify it with one of the phone-brokers on this forum that sells in multiple states.

This can be found on pg 17, under "plan change situations" of the producer's handbook. It only applies to "modernized supplement to modernized supplements" (supplements effective 6/1/2010 or later)

It is also my understanding, that if the customer called AARP on their own to change the plan, you will lose AOR, and the commission renewals. So it is best if you go to their house and write a paper application to change the plan mannually (but without asking the med questions)

I am not aware of any waiting period.

Two issues.

1) To get a real answer call UHC (although you already have the correct info).

2) You plan on recruiting but don't know how to get the answers?

Rick

If moving from f to n, then no underwriting. If moving to a plan with more benefits, underwriting.

Are you sure about that? The Producer Handbook doesn't specify when going from a lower benefit plan to a higher benefit plan or vice versa. It just simply states for plans effective 06/01/2010 or after that there is no underwriting requirement to change to a different plan.

Are you sure about that? The Producer Handbook doesn't specify when going from a lower benefit plan to a higher benefit plan or vice versa. It just simply states for plans effective 06/01/2010 or after that there is no underwriting requirement to change to a different plan.

Correct, you can move up or down in a uhc plan and not go through underwriting. I just did it in January when a client got cancer.

Back